My Hybrid NBA Logos: When Modern Meets Retro

Master Amino

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

th_Memphis2.jpg

Memphis2.jpg

The San Diego Thunder?

And the Huskies concept is... interesting. Overall, though, these are pretty call, although the Timberwolves "hidden tree" is too forced.

Yeah...I've received complaints about it on another board. I don't know...it's just so awkward. Looks too naked without it, and looks too distinct when solid blue (like the rest of the logo). So I thought maybe making it a light shade of grey would be the best route. Here's what it used to look like.

th_WolvesLogonew.jpg

No, it's not the colors, it's the way the tree is there in relation to the rest of the logo. It doesn't flow with the rest of the "fur," it looks way too forced. Take a look at the Minnesota Wild logo, as I find that a very good example of how you can basically hide two different images into one logo. I think if you simply made the tree flow more naturally with the rest of the fur, it would look better while still looking like a tree.

No, it's not the colors, it's the way the tree is there in relation to the rest of the logo. It doesn't flow with the rest of the "fur," it looks way too forced. Take a look at the Minnesota Wild logo, as I find that a very good example of how you can basically hide two different images into one logo. I think if you simply made the tree flow more naturally with the rest of the fur, it would look better while still looking like a tree.

I could try messing with it a lil' later after I've done some more logos, but I'd rather just leave it be for right now. Again, it's not like I'm actually designing these things. That tree was there to begin with. I guess it doesn't help that I made the tip of the grey stick in with the blue fur though.

HybridLogos-NBA-Timberwolves.png?t=1336836952

Archived