My Hybrid NBA Logos: When Modern Meets Retro

Master Amino

The past few days I've been working on making some hybrid NBA logos. Let me know what you think. I know certain details could be cleaned up a lil' bit, but overall just let me know what you like and don't like.

Picture22.png

Grizzlies-1.jpg

Picture21.png

Rockets.jpg

MavsLogo.jpg

Sonics-1.jpg

NBAJordanLogocopy-1-1.jpg

Warriors.jpg

Raptors.jpg

And this last one is still pretty rough and not done yet, but I thought I'd show it anyway. My three favorite teams are the Wolves, Vikings, and Jayhawks...so I combined them all. Once again, likes and dislikes gladly welcomed.

TheJayTimberKings.jpg

HybridLogos-NBA-Timberwolves.png?t=1336836952

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Warriors logo (added to first post):

th_Warriors.jpg

That Timberwolves one isn't half bad.

That's the one that started the obsession. :D

I love the Thunder one. In fact, all of them aren't half bad. My only problem is the head of the Grizzlies logo looks weird in that position. But these are very good, and I'm hoping to see more.

Thanks. Do you have a suggestion for the head placement though? Like how do you think it would be less weird?

These are great! The only problem is the Warriors one looks empty inside of the main circle. Maybe you should use somthing in the background inside the circle like the basketball that was in the background of the old one. Other than that, great job! :grin:

applogosig15.pngapplogosig13.pngapplogosig14.png

The first non-banned member of ther CCSLC to post in The Ugliest Bathroom.

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions so far everyone.

New Raptors/Huskies logo (added to first post):

th_Raptors.jpg

The Thunder one is legit the logo they should be using. As for the Mavs one, maybe you could put the cowboy hat on the horse's head? Overall, really cool ideas here.

I tried putting the hat on the horse. It looked ridiculous, imo. Maybe if the hat was a more detailed one, but the old school one just didn't work with it.

These are great! The only problem is the Warriors one looks empty inside of the main circle. Maybe you should use somthing in the background inside the circle like the basketball that was in the background of the old one. Other than that, great job! :grin:

Well that was kind of the point of that one. The new logo has alot of empty space in it, so I stuck with it.

Well that was kind of the point of that one. The new logo has alot of empty space in it, so I stuck with it.

Okay. Now I understand.

applogosig15.pngapplogosig13.pngapplogosig14.png

The first non-banned member of ther CCSLC to post in The Ugliest Bathroom.

WTF that Toronto Huskies logo look weird.. where the husky tail btw?? Ya ought to have that included somehow....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

That Thunder one is great. I also really like the Warriors one, although I think it would look better with the bridge behind him to fill up that empty blue space.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

WTF that Toronto Huskies logo look weird.. where the husky tail btw?? Ya ought to have that included somehow....

Danget...you're right. I'll have to work on that a lil' later on.

have you lost it,these logos stink,i don't think teams would want to use them

These are just for fun. I'm not trying to make replacement logos or anything that teams should use. Just having fun combining retro and modern.

Archived