NBA Updates

Hoopskid

Solution? Don't start :censored: by throwing around insults, or at least be "proper" with your criticism. It's not very difficult... for most people. For you, it might require more work.

With all due respect, I don't see how calling the Wizards gold alts "gross" can be classified as "starting isht" or "throwing around insults", and the reason I took offense to your Ducks comment was not because you insulted a team I follow (I happen to agree that their logo is absolutely hideous), but rather because I found your faulty reasoning of connecting their offensive logo to my level of intelligence offensive.

According to you: The Ducks uniform sucks = The Preacher likes the Ducks = This makes the Preacher an idiot, and unfit to comment on the aesthetics of sports

Probably one of the most absurd processes of thought I have ever seen on a message board. And that, my sartorially-challenged friend, is what upset me.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I don't mean to interrupt, but perhaps you guys can explain this to this non-basketball fan, but what does the old Bullets logo have anything to do with bullets? Am I missing something obvious, or has it always just been accepted that the logo doesn't necessarily reflect the name?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

@hockey week, please do interrupt...seems there are more of these arrogant "disagreements", if you like, by the day.

As for your question, I would imagine nothing. I think they were represented as a "fast team", as fast as a bullet, perhaps? I can't really see any relation in within the logo itself of a bullet, so I would imagine it had some meaning behind it, just not the obvious one.

But then again, my rear may be having conversations on it's own again.

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

I don't mean to interrupt, but perhaps you guys can explain this to this non-basketball fan, but what does the old Bullets logo have anything to do with bullets? Am I missing something obvious, or has it always just been accepted that the logo doesn't necessarily reflect the name?

Unlike the Houston Colt .45's, who had a "smoking gun" for a logo, the Bullets unis had more to do with the old Superman description "Faster than a speeding bullet", than they did with actual ammunition. The Bullets, like the Pacers, are just one of the cool, simplistic, minimalist logos that is so great because it's a classic.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Archived