NBA Updates

Hoopskid

These are good, but I think the green is emphasized too much. Do I wish they used green? Yes, but not this much.

On the home, I think you should switch the green and blue. I think that would look better IMO.

The road looks really good.

Nice job.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Thanks, I agree tho, there's too much green. I'll work on fixing it.

In the mean time, here's a Washington Bullets set. Ditched the white because too many teams have red/blue/white and I was pleased with the way the gold fit.

Simple design, but effective IMO. The only cool thing I added was the side panel is supposed to symbolize the dc monument. The side panels also slightly reflect the DC flag.

Have at it...

wasbullets.png

I definitely like the switch back to blue and green, but I think those Mavs unis are waaay too similar to the Magic. And the Bullets look very good! I'm a little on the fence about the gold, but I see what you mean about too many plain blue and red teams so I think it works here.

May I suggest the Heat for the next team? With the team headed in a different direction, the uniforms could be changed as well.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

The bullets one is nice-looking, although (maybe im in the minority on this) I actually want them to keep their current colors. Black, blue, and gold has (to my knowledge) not been worn by any other team in NBA history, and uniqueness is important to me... Seeing them in red/white/blue only makes me also see the nearby sixers, with their reversion to red/white/blue. What I think the Wizards SHOULD do is emphasize gold more, even if that means bringing back the gold alt. I say this as a diehard Wizards fan.

Cue the arguments over the Bullets being a violent nickname..... :D

I like everything about this set. I think you should replace the gold with white, though. Washington is the capital of the USA, so I think they deserve to use red/white/blue more than any other team. In your future NBA concepts, maybe you could change the color schemes of those teams with red/white/blue. That would make the Bullets unique.

Nice job on Dallas and Washington. Hope to see a Timberwolves concept from you, later on.

Punch9

Love both of these.

Dallas is amazing, and I have no critiques. Same goes goes for Bullets. Washington needs a HUGE upgrade over the horrendous color scheme and name of their NBA team... Wizards? Gross.

ps) Speaking of Dallas - What's up with a city with over 40+ years of sports history having such blah uniforms for its clubs?

Cowboys? Iconic.

Stars? One of the worst in the NHL.

Mavericks? Ditto. The Cuban Era has been disgraceful in terms of aesthetics.

Rangers? Not bad at all. Not a whole lot I'd improve. LOVE The nickname btw.

FC Dallas? The best kit in the city IMHO.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Love both of these.

Dallas is amazing, and I have no critiques. Same goes goes for Bullets. Washington needs a HUGE upgrade over the horrendous color scheme and name of their NBA team... Wizards? Gross.

ps) Speaking of Dallas - What's up with a city with over 40+ years of sports history having such blah uniforms for its clubs?

Cowboys? Iconic.

...Says the fan of the team with the worst color scheme, logo, and team name in the NHL. Just sayin' it, because it's true.

Love both of these.

Cowboys? Iconic.

...Says the fan of the team with the worst color scheme, logo, and team name in the NHL. Just sayin' it, because it's true.

Wow, when Loogodude90 successfully burns you, you know it's going to be a bad day.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Yes, because I was actually the winner of the contest held by the Samuelis in 2006 in which they randomly selected a fan to choose the Ducks next logo, color scheme and team name.

It hurts me that you didn't like my selection of BFBS, gold and orange to go with the awesome word mark logo I created after dropping of "Mighty" from the team's nickname... Oh well, can't please everyone!

...D-bag.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Yes, because I was actually the winner of the contest held by the Samuelis in 2006 in which they randomly selected a fan to choose the Ducks next logo, color scheme and team name.

It hurts me that you didn't like my selection of BFBS, gold and orange to go with the awesome word mark logo I created after dropping of "Mighty" from the team's nickname... Oh well, can't please everyone!

...D-bag.

They are still awful colors. Sorry.

Stop with the personal attacks. Talk logos and colors all you want. But there is no need to call me a douchebag.

Stop with the personal attacks. Talk logos and colors all you want. But there is no need to call me a douchebag.

So it's cool to attack my opinion because the colors and logo of the team of the city I happened to grow up in suck? I think your arbitrary (and baseless) attack was more malevolent and off-base than my rebuttal was.

Point is - I had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the Samuelis choosing the horrid wordmark logo that the Ducks currently display. I fail to see a connection between the logo of my hometown team and my ability to effectively critique sports logos/color schemes/uniforms. If anything, being a Ducks fan makes me an EXPERT on crap logos, and a top authority in the field of logo critics.

If I were you, I'd think twice before posting on here. You seem to pretty quick to dish out criticism and post offensive comments, but completely incapable of receiving them when they're thrown back at you.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

So it's cool to attack my opinion because the colors and logo of the team of the city I happened to grow up in suck? I think your arbitrary (and baseless) attack was more malevolent and off-base than my rebuttal was.

Point is - I had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the Samuelis choosing the horrid wordmark logo that the Ducks currently display. I fail to see a connection between the logo of my hometown team and my ability to effectively critique sports logos/color schemes/uniforms. If anything, being a Ducks fan makes me an EXPERT on crap logos, and a top authority in the field of logo critics.

If I were you, I'd think twice before posting on here. You seem to pretty quick to dish out criticism and post offensive comments, but completely incapable of receiving them when they're thrown back at you.

Let's recap this thread, shall we:

1) I state that the Wizards should keep their current colors, and that I am a big fan of theirs. I say nothing offensive, to a user, nor do i insult a team or anyone's opinion.

2) You say (and I quote) "Washington needs a HUGE upgrade over the horrendous color scheme and name of their NBA team... Wizards? Gross." I call this "first blood".

3) I remind you that your own team's colors aren't very good, either. In fact, even worse than the Wizards. That's not "attacking your opinion", its teaching you to look in the mirror before attacking others.

4) You call me a D-bag.

2) You say (and I quote) "Washington needs a HUGE upgrade over the horrendous color scheme and name of their NBA team... Wizards? Gross." I call this "first blood".

...And therein lies the center of contention.

You see, I didn't even read your comment! I skipped straight to the Bullets concept, and then gave my opinion of Hoopskid's concepts. My criticism of the Wizards was based strictly on the fact that I hated the name change when it happened, and I hate their unis even more. Now that I've gone back and read your comment, I can understand (kind of) why you'd be personally offended (even though it seems like something silly to get upset over.)

Let the record show that I was not bashing the Wizards in some passive-aggressive attempt to "diss" you, I was simply bashing the Wizards for the sake of bashing the Wizards, and also because Hoopskid's Bullets concepts are sick.

In my humble estimation, you're just a tad bit paranoid and/or sensitive and overreacted to what you perceived as a personal attack on you via the Washington Wizards.

For one, I'd try to not be so offended when someone doesn't mention you by name specifically, or quote something you say - and for two, just try not to be so paranoid... The world is not out to get you - we're just here to praise excellent design, and rip poor design (see: Oklahoma City Blunder; Washington Wizards.)

That is all.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

ps) Yes, the Ducks have the worst logo in the NHL.

But it is hyperbole to state that they are worse than the Wizards. I challenge you to poll 1,000 people and bring back results demonstrating that the public at-large is more turned off by the Anaheim Ducks logo/unis than they are by the Washington Wizards.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Thanks, I agree tho, there's too much green. I'll work on fixing it.

In the mean time, here's a Washington Bullets set. Ditched the white because too many teams have red/blue/white and I was pleased with the way the gold fit.

Simple design, but effective IMO. The only cool thing I added was the side panel is supposed to symbolize the dc monument. The side panels also slightly reflect the DC flag.

Have at it...

wasbullets.png

The home and the alt are a thing of beauty...but something feels a little bit off with the primary road uniform. Have you tried it with gold lettering and red outlining?

Other than that, this is pretty good. The Mavs concept was spot-on as well. Can't wait to see this series progress. I also can't wait to see the discussion turn back to the concepts instead of what I'm sure is (can't see because of the ignoring) some dumb flamewar.

...And therein lies the center of contention.

You see, I didn't even read your comment! I skipped straight to the Bullets concept, and then gave my opinion of Hoopskid's concepts. My criticism of the Wizards was based strictly on the fact that I hated the name change when it happened, and I hate their unis even more. Now that I've gone back and read your comment, I can understand (kind of) why you'd be personally offended (even though it seems like something silly to get upset over.)

Let the record show that I was not bashing the Wizards in some passive-aggressive attempt to "diss" you, I was simply bashing the Wizards for the sake of bashing the Wizards, and also because Hoopskid's Bullets concepts are sick.

In my humble estimation, you're just a tad bit paranoid and/or sensitive and overreacted to what you perceived as a personal attack on you via the Washington Wizards.

For one, I'd try to not be so offended when someone doesn't mention you by name specifically, or quote something you say - and for two, just try not to be so paranoid... The world is not out to get you - we're just here to praise excellent design, and rip poor design (see: Oklahoma City Blunder; Washington Wizards.)

That is all.

Ok. I didn't know you didn't read my comment. How I was I supposed to know that? That would be like one person saying "I love the Wizards logo," and then the next poster stating "Anyone who likes the Wizards logo is a d-bag", and not expecting to start anything.

Solution? Don't start :censored: by throwing around insults, or at least be "proper" with your criticism. It's not very difficult... for most people. For you, it might require more work.

And, in case you didn't notice, you got pretty sensitive when I said I didn't like the Ducks colors. Take a look in the mirror buddy. You've got a lot to work on.

Archived