Anaheim Ducks Alternate

Spectre

There's been a few more speculations regarding the Ducks new alternate for this upcoming season. I thought it'd share what I've been working on earlier today. I really love the classic Mighty Ducks goalie duck logo, so I am attempting to meld that with the current color scheme and an updated design.

First draft thus far. I'll have more to share in the coming days.

DucksMockUpcopy.jpg

Let me know what you think. C&C would be grrrreat!

northstars.jpg

i like where your going with this - i have a similar logo i made in the past - i'd post it but i dont want to thread jack. umm, the face just look strange, like the duck has downs or something?? if your going to go to a retro throwback logo i'd suggest putting the sticks back in for sure. if you dont mind, i'll post what I drew up, maybe it can inspire you in another direction. again, i dont want to steal your thread or anything, just giving u ideas.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I think the general head shape could use some work, but the idea is solid.

Are you sure red is the colour you should be using, though? Doesn't fit the team at all.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

@worcat: go ahead and post your concept, I would love to see where other people might be taking this idea.

@aci: Red? I am seeing Orange as the fill color on the triangle.

Like I said before, this is my first draft and I am generally pleased with where it's going. Like it was said before, the head definitely needs work and the overall proportions of the face need to be tweaked. I was just looking for a little constructive crit.

northstars.jpg

Not a bad start. But, a few suggestions first. 1.) Fix the shape of the bill and it's expression. It is appearing too off balanced with the rest of the mask. 2.) I recommend using a bit of Jade in some way, shape, or form. I still think the logo could use a little more to liven it up. But, good start.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Well I was going for a more cartoon-less design compared to the logo posted above. In all reality I am looking to meld the classic 93/94 logo and the above design.

I've been trying to rework the bill, but when I make it wider it just looks way awkward. I did rework the top of the head and the background shape, so I'll post an update soon.

northstars.jpg

I've been trying to rework the bill, but when I make it wider it just looks way awkward. I did rework the top of the head and the background shape, so I'll post an update soon.

If possible, I would attempt to make the bill more realistic from the front. Right now, the angle you have it at makes it appear as though you're looking at it from above. The bill needs to be facing 'up' in order to look good..

Here's an example that you can use:

wild_wing.jpg

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I like the look of this logo but unfortunatly the days of the Ducks wearing anything like this look are long over since the ownership change. When that took place Disney kept the trademarks for the Mighty Ducks identity so I would think if they tried to do something like this it would cause a little trouble. But that does not change the fact that this is a great looking logo.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

UPDATE:

Been juggling this project the past day or so with work and other assignments, but progress is being made!

Tweaked some of the facial proportions, extended the upper area and simplified the cheeks/mouth.

Pretty confident with this design right now. I've been trying to tweak some nitpicks I had, but overall I am very satisfied at this point.

Color palette is going to stay Orange and metallic gold.

Right now I am working on uni designs and fiddling with some additions to the primary.

Anyway...

DucksMockUpcopy-1.jpg

Once again, any constructive criticism anyone might have would be great.

EDIT:

A last minute alternate coloring.

DucksMockUpBO.jpg

northstars.jpg

Still not sold on this logo... The angle is off IMO.. It needs to be front-facing, rather than an aerial angle.

Also...

When that took place Disney kept the trademarks for the Mighty Ducks identity so I would think if they tried to do something like this it would cause a little trouble. But that does not change the fact that this is a great looking logo.

This is completely inaccurate. Disney sold the Ducks to longtime OC residents Henry and Susan Samueli in 2005... It wasn't until 2006 that they decided to change the logo, color scheme and uniforms of the team (meaning, the Samuelis weren't forced to change the logo by virtue of a Disney copyright, they simply chose to in order to display a ceremonial change in ownership.)

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Archived