Another athlete logo

BBTV

Eagles fullback and all around "good dude" Leonard Weaver apparently has a personal logo that he uses for his foundation and some merchandise (saw him on TV wearing his hat just now, which is how I became aware of the logo.)

The logo reminds me of the '80s WWF logo. I'm not sure why athletes all seem to have their initials as logos (Tiger Woods' TW logo is another example.) I figure if an athlete is popular or well known enough to have his own logo, then he should exhibit enough personality traits that can be used to develop something creative. At the very least, a silhouette of him charging like a lead blocker would have been different, since it's not a stance that's already used in other logos (like a QB throwing or a RB running with the ball.)

leonard_header2.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Old-school WWF logo was my first reaction too. It also evokes a crown. That said, very simple and not really... interesting.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Archived