My college football "rebrands"

Nick21

Hey there. New guy here, but I've been a lurker on here for a couple of months now, and finally thought I'd register.

Anyways, over the last few days now, I've been designing some concepts. The first one I'm going to post is my favorite team, the Volunteers of Tennessee.

For the Vols, I wanted a simple look(I know they already have that, but I wanted to tweak some things). I've seen Tennessee concepts with all kinds of crazy piping on the jerseys, and it's just never looked good like that IMO.

So, here it is. CC much appreciated.

2011TennesseeVolsRebrandStyleGuide.png

2011TennesseeVolsRebrandNumbers.png

2011TennesseeVolsRebrandTweaks.png

2011TennesseeVolsRebrand.png

2011TennesseeVolsRebrandAway.png

2011TennesseeVolsRebrandBlack.png

2011TennesseeVolsRebrandOranje.png

2011TennesseeVolsRebrandStormTrooper.png

I like the concept, but I do have a couple of comments. First, I would put a black trim around the numbers on the home uniforms. You have a trim around them on all of the others so I would continue that on the home. Second, I don't really care for the all black uniform. IMO it is just too much black for the Vols. Lastly, since you are using a little black on the design, how about a trim line around the T on the helmet to make it stand out a little more. Overall this design is very well done.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I like the concept, but I do have a couple of comments. First, I would put a black trim around the numbers on the home uniforms. You have a trim around them on all of the others so I would continue that on the home. Second, I don't really care for the all black uniform. IMO it is just too much black for the Vols. Lastly, since you are using a little black on the design, how about a trim line around the T on the helmet to make it stand out a little more. Overall this design is very well done.

Yeah, I probably should have gone that direction with the numbers on the home, but I kind of wanted to keep those away from the black outline because of the tradition with the home's. I'll do it though.

And, my first time using inkscape to build a uni, here's what I got, black helmet and all...

Tennessee2010BlackConcept.png?t=1285348915

Not as hard as I thought that program would be when I figured it out.

Don't use Copperplate!! :P It's just not a good font to use.

With your updated black uniform, there are still a few changes that should be made.

1. Remove 1794. It looks awkward on the pants like that.

2. Place a white outline around the T on the helmet, because it currently doesn't match the numbers, and I think the set would look better if there was a consistency with the white outline.

3. Remove the # from the pants. It isn't needed, and I think it doesn't work very well with the rest of the set.

Good start, though. You've been here for only a day, yet you already have a good concept to put on your resume. :D

Like to see a re-brand of Washington State University. My wishlist - lose the red traveling helmet and go back to the silver script helmet. Keep the 'WSU' cougar logo, though.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Hey there. New guy here, but I've been a lurker on here for a couple of months now, and finally thought I'd register.

Same here. Always been a huge fan of sports concepts, of course mine aren't as good as anyone else here. Been surfing the boards for about a month and everyone here has amazing stuff, I'm not very good with using programs for designs. Which free program is better and easier to learn on Inkscape or Paint MS? Anyone this concept looks great, I'm always a huge fan of a "Black Out" uniform but, my first look at it the black pants don't seem to be the same color? Also putting a white outline on the T is a great idea, maybe on the sleeves too? Anyway look forward to seeing the rest and posting some of my stuff. :woot: By the way the smiley faces on here are sick!

3535rx3.jpg

Same here. Always been a huge fan of sports concepts, of course mine aren't as good as anyone else here. Been surfing the boards for about a month and everyone here has amazing stuff, I'm not very good with using programs for designs. Which free program is better and easier to learn on Inkscape or Paint MS? Anyone this concept looks great, I'm always a huge fan of a "Black Out" uniform but, my first look at it the black pants don't seem to be the same color? Also putting a white outline on the T is a great idea, maybe on the sleeves too? Anyway look forward to seeing the rest and posting some of my stuff. :woot: By the way the smiley faces on here are sick!

I've done my first two through Photoshop with a custom template I've made for each one. If I were going with a free program, I'd definitely go with inkscape. Some of the templates are very nice.

I think the black pants are the same color as the rest of the uni?

I've done my first two through Photoshop with a custom template I've made for each one. If I were going with a free program, I'd definitely go with inkscape. Some of the templates are very nice.

I think the black pants are the same color as the rest of the uni?

Sounds good. I will have to give it a shot. As for the pants on Tennessee's uniform maybe it is just my computer screen but the one on the left looks browner, maybe? And I just saw you posted Michigan's uniforms, I like the M on the right chest! But maybe white outlines on the numbers for the home one since the road uniform has an outline on the numbers in yellow. I think it would make the uniforms look more consistent. Not liking the black socks though just doesn't go with the rest of the color scheme. And for the yellow uniform, nice! Have you tried blue or white pants with the yellow set? Or an all blue set?

3535rx3.jpg

Forgot to comment on the new Michigan logos. I like the idea of the wolverine having the same design on its head as in the Michigan helmet. I do think there should be more yellow on the head because the bottom half by the neck looks a little off, does that make sense to anyone else?

3535rx3.jpg

For my next redesign, it's the Gators of Florida. I've always loved their 1960's throwbacks, and decided to incorporate them into my redesign. Also, I've made a few changes to some logos as well.

Old Gator Logo.

417px-Florida_Gators_logo.svg.png

New Gator Logo, plus others.

Florida2010RebrandLogoSheet.png

New Numerals and Lettering.

FloridaNumeralSheet.png

Overall these are some really nice concepts, especially for someone new here! I like what you did with Tennessee for the most part, not crazy about the nametag on the helmet stripe but I guess thats kind of a unique thing. Love the Michigan concept, the Maize uniforms look really good. As for Florida..... I like the overall design but I have some suggestions. I would use your Pro Combat Number font for all the uniforms and keep the outline on all of them. Also the F logo would probably look better just one color and slanted like they have it now, I've also tried putting the Gator inside the UF before (yours is definitely a step above mine though), and although it seems like a good idea it is hard to execute with it looking really good. Also I'd probably drop the Black uniforms for Florida just because its not really one of their colors. Those are just some suggestions from my opinion though. I would also make the helmet stripe match the pants stripes.

Overall you did a great job! Can't wait to see more.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Overall these are some really nice concepts, especially for someone new here! I like what you did with Tennessee for the most part, not crazy about the nametag on the helmet stripe but I guess thats kind of a unique thing. Love the Michigan concept, the Maize uniforms look really good. As for Florida..... I like the overall design but I have some suggestions. I would use your Pro Combat Number font for all the uniforms and keep the outline on all of them. Also the F logo would probably look better just one color and slanted like they have it now, I've also tried putting the Gator inside the UF before (yours is definitely a step above mine though), and although it seems like a good idea it is hard to execute with it looking really good. Also I'd probably drop the Black uniforms for Florida just because its not really one of their colors. Those are just some suggestions from my opinion though. I would also make the helmet stripe match the pants stripes.

Overall you did a great job! Can't wait to see more.

The black uniforms were inspired by the basketball team's unis. I can see where I could take them off though. Besides, they could only really be worn in November or during an SEC title or BCS game.

Pro combat for all the numbers? Sounds like a pretty good idea.

BTW, big fan of your concepts.

I agree with everything bigmike said. One other thing to point out is that all of your uniforms are procombat.

The pants stripe is a little bit thin, maybe try to make it a bit wider.

Nice work, excited for the rest of this series.

Ehh, I just used that template. They aren't intended to all be PC unis.

Yeah, the pants stripes are probably a stretch too thin.

All you did for Florida was click on a path and click fill and then you were done for the top of the jersey. Try to be more creative. Same with all your other concepts. Also why is the shading on a black helmet white??? :blink:

I can see what you're saying, but the three schools I've done so far have pretty good looks already. I've just tried to improve upon them with some refining.

I've been looking at a school to go a little more crazier with the designs. Bowling Green, Wyoming, and possibly Tennessee Tech are the schools I've been considering doing. Did a Wyoming mockup helmet, but I just don't know if I can make their colors work.

Archived