Payton Married To Malone

the_cynic

It looks as thought Gary Payton will follow Karl Malone anywhere. Check out the front page of the Los Angeles Lakers page on ESPN.

Link

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Wow. I'm impressed. I think it'd be tough to make true solid friendships in sports today where millions of dollars, loads of pressure, and free agency are involved. It would be awesome to have a friend who you know would give up money and individual opportunity for the chance to stick with me.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I don't know about the rest of you but this is just classy. I love Payton and Malone. They're just really great guys when it comes down to it. They have their own personalities on the court but you have to love them off of the court.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Too bad the rest of the Lakers are complete wankers. ESPECIALLY Shaq.

Uh, I second that!

I'd be pulling for these guys if it wasn't the Flakers.

Well... I like Kobe. But yeah, Shaq and crew are wankers.

IUe6Hvh.png

No, screw Kobe too. I don't care if he can play basketball, because it has nothing to do with that in his case. No man, in my eyes, cheats on his wife (a drop-dead gorgeous wife at that, who loves him enough to SUPPORT HIM even after he cheated on her) and comes out looking like the victim or a hero. Kobe got himself into that mess he's in, and I don't feel one bit sorry for him. So, yes, screw Kobe too.

Well, with that said... I'm sure alot of athletes cheat on their wives -- so I don't like the idea of me hating an athlete for something that I know other athletes do just because I know about them. It's unlike alot of situations, being away from your family for as long as athletes can be, I'm sure alot of us don't know how it feels... although that is a poor excuse. But Kobe's was during the off-season, so.... And who's to say that Kobe's relationship with his wife was good at the time? I don't think people should stay with people who have cheated on them but oh... there's a million dollar ring involved? I guess since he's rich and she seems like she's in it for the money to me for staying with him, it's all good.

Also... I keep my liking and disliking of athletes on and off the field seperate. When I say I dislike Shaq... I don't hate him as a person. As far as I know, he's a great guy and when I've seen things about him outside the realm of sports, he looks a great guy with a good personality. But if I were to hate Kobe, I would be hypocritical for liking a certain other great basketball player.

But Nitro, how do you feel about Michael Jordan?

IUe6Hvh.png

I don't feel any different about Michael Jordan than I do about Kobe Bryant. Let me reiterate: NO MAN comes out looking like a hero in my eyes after cheating on his wife. I don't care if he can play basketball or not. I put personal behavior above athletic performance, because to me, it means very little if a man can play a sport well. A scumbag is still a scumbag, on or off the court. Personally, if I know a player has done something like what Kobe did, my conscience won't allow me to stand up and cheer for him if he makes a nice fake move or what have you.

And let me add this: I don't care if it was in the off-season. I don't care if he was away from his wife for a long time. If you're married, you stay faithful to your wife no matter what. I don't believe in divorce, but I'm not going into that because that's another issue for another day. I don't care if your relationship with your wife isn't good. If you see the need to get a divorce, though, you go through the system, you get a divorce, and then you go do your thing with whoever you want if that's your choice, not before.

I don't feel any different about Michael Jordan than I do about Kobe Bryant. Let me reiterate: NO MAN comes out looking like a hero in my eyes after cheating on his wife. I don't care if he can play basketball or not. I put personal behavior above athletic performance, because to me, it means very little if a man can play a sport well. A scumbag is still a scumbag, on or off the court. Personally, if I know a player has done something like what Kobe did, my conscience won't allow me to stand up and cheer for him if he makes a nice fake move or what have you.

And let me add this: I don't care if it was in the off-season. I don't care if he was away from his wife for a long time. If you're married, you stay faithful to your wife no matter what. I don't believe in divorce, but I'm not going into that because that's another issue for another day. I don't care if your relationship with your wife isn't good. You go through the system, you get a divorce, and then you go do your thing with whoever you want if that's your choice, not before.

Well then you must hate the whole damn NBA.

Retired Number's To Come

And let me add this: I don't care if it was in the off-season. I don't care if he was away from his wife for a long time. If you're married, you stay faithful to your wife no matter what. I don't believe in divorce, but I'm not going into that because that's another issue for another day. I don't care if your relationship with your wife isn't good. If you see the need to get a divorce, though, you go through the system, you get a divorce, and then you go do your thing with whoever you want if that's your choice, not before.

Granted... But I also believe in second chances. And if all it does it take a ring worth millions of dollars to buy her off and put away any chances of leaving him then in MY eyes... she's a gold digger and may very well deserve it or he's a GREAT guy off the court and made one slip up. And i still think it's wrong to judge someone until you know the exact circumstances in which it happened. He's out of town alot, who's to say she doesn't cheat on him? It could be anything like that.

I keep my opinions on sports figures differently on and off the court. If I were to hate every athlete based on what they do off the court, there wouldn't be too very many athletes that I actually like.

Personally, I refuse to reserve judgement on an individual until I know the entire story. So rather that judge people and hate them because I know a fraction of their story in which they did something I don't like... I'd rather praise the great athletes, like Tillman, who went to die for his country, or Emeka Okafor, who should be the model of every Student Athlete.

IUe6Hvh.png

Granted... But I also believe in second chances. And if all it does it take a ring worth millions of dollars to buy her off and put away any chances of leaving him then in MY eyes... she's a gold digger and may very well deserve it or he's a GREAT guy off the court and made one slip up. And i still think it's wrong to judge someone until you know the exact circumstances in which it happened. He's out of town alot, who's to say she doesn't cheat on him? It could be anything like that.

I keep my opinions on sports figures differently on and off the court. If I were to hate every athlete based on what they do off the court, there wouldn't be too very many athletes that I actually like.

Personally, I refuse to reserve judgement on an individual until I know the entire story. So rather that judge people and hate them because I know a fraction of their story in which they did something I don't like... I'd rather praise the great athletes, like Tillman.

Agreed on Tillman. He is a great man.

But, look, with Kobe, why do the "circumstances" matter? The fact is this: the man openly admitted in public to having cheated on his wife. What else do you need to know? If his wife is cheating on him, so what? That doesn't justify it. If she is, then they both suck and they shouldn't have gotten married in the first place, plain and simple. I don't care if she is a "golddigger" or she "deserved" it. No one deserves it. If that was the case, then Kobe is a stupid man for not seeing and/or not caring that she only wanted his money to begin with. And he's even more stupid for not being the bigger man and being faithful to her regardless if he really loved her. Loving someone means giving 100% even if they give nothing, my friend. It's never spiteful. If it is, then it's conditional and false. And if Kobe is in that situation, then I pity him for not knowing the difference.

Yeah, true. Sorry to make it sound as though I was arguing with you cuz' i really wasn't attempting to start anything. Rather just state how i feel on the subject. I do understand where you're coming from on this. I do still respect Kobe though as I think people deserve second chances.

IUe6Hvh.png

Personally, I refuse to reserve judgement on an individual until I know the entire story. So rather that judge people and hate them because I know a fraction of their story in which they did something I don't like... I'd rather praise the great athletes, like Tillman.

Agreed on Tillman. He is a great man.

But, look, with Kobe, why do the "circumstances" matter? The fact is this: the man openly admitted in public to having cheated on his wife. What else do you need to know? If his wife is cheating on him, so what? That doesn't justify it. If she is, then they both suck and they shouldn't have gotten married in the first place, plain and simple. I don't care if she is a "golddigger" or she "deserved" it. No one deserves it. If that was the case, then Kobe is a stupid man for not seeing and/or not caring that she only wanted his money to begin with. And he's even more stupid for not being the bigger man and being faithful to her regardless if he really loved her. Loving someone means giving 100% even if they give nothing, my friend. It's never spiteful. If it is, then it's conditional and false. And if Kobe is in that situation, then I pity him for not knowing the difference.

Too bad Kove doesn't give a damn about your opinion, huh?

Let's get back on topic. Kobe has nothing to do with this thread.

Retired Number's To Come

Actually... yes, Kobe has alot to do with this thread in that people would like to see Malone/Payton win their rings (the reason Malone and Payton are staying together; the topic of the thread) if it wasn't for the cast of people around them.

IUe6Hvh.png

Actually... yes, Kobe has alot to do with this thread in that people would like to see Malone/Payton win their rings (the reason Malone and Payton are staying together; the topic of the thread) if it wasn't for the cast of people around them.

But Kobe isn't directly related to this thread.

Who in the hell wants to hear about Kobe's stupid situation. It's just a bunch of B.S. and politics.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived