Texture Feedback - Jersey Wallpapers

p.stic

Hey all! Been a while, and I couldn't find my original thread on these wallpapers. Must have been archived or something. Been wanting to redo the wallpapers and make it easier for everyone to use. Before I was making them at 1024x768, so when anyone wanted a different size, they had to be remade at the different size. So now the plan is to make them at a large 16:9 ratio (2000x1025) and people can resize the large image to a smaller 16:9 ratio to fit their screen. Another change I wanted to make is to kind of make the jersey look like the newer moisture wicking material all the jerseys are made from now. Here's a few samples of the background I'm thinking of using. According to the Photoshop filter they call it a polo shirt texture, so basically like a pique fabric. Up close I think jerseys have this sort of weave pattern to it. Take a look at the samples and let me know what you think? Pass as a jersey? Or too polo shirt-ish?

1green.th.jpg 1blue.th.jpg 1black.th.jpg

hey hey! i was actually looking for this thread the other day too. good to see you're back in action. i must say i think i like the original jersey fabric much better. the logos still look absolutely phenomenal. great work again, my friend.

P.stic is back!! :boogie:

Here's the original thread.

I have it bookmarked. :P

EDIT:I like the old background texture better. It's more "jersey-ish"

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I like the new texture better. Like you said, it's a lot closer to what is actually being worn than the old texture. I think the contrast on the new texture could be toned down a bit, though. Awesome work as always.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

I like the new texture better. Like you said, it's a lot closer to what is actually being worn than the old texture. I think the contrast on the new texture could be toned down a bit, though. Awesome work as always.

Question on the contrast...What part of the contrast are you talking about? The part that gives the fabric the texture look? Or the one that is giving the look of depth and wave to the fabric? The contrast I struggle with most is the shading layer that gives the look of wave and depth. Before I was using a desktop PC and you get a little better color on those opposed the the laptop I use now. I know it's not too much of a difference, but I have seen some of the ones I made that look ok on my screen, but look a little too much on a desktop screen. Either way, both are easily fixable, but was just wondering which you were talking about.

I was just going through this thread the other day (via nash61) and I really liked what you had going! Do you think you could do the Cubs, Da Bears, and Notre Dame?

And the updated fabric looks good.

Yes, all those will eventually be redone. The reason for the posting was to figure out if the new background would be something people would want and to see if it could be passed off as a jersey. I only posted the Blackhawks ones as samples, and they will most likely be the only ones in this topic as I work out the look. Eventually, the wallpapers will all be in one location in an easy to read directory. Imageshack seems to lose some of the older ones I made, so I'm going to upload them to my own location and have thumbnails on this board.

Got another question for everyone. Am I going about making the wallpapers the right way by making them a large 16:9 format? I always wondered how wallpapers sites let you pick what size you want and then download it. Not sure if they just make the images in all those sizes? Or if some sort of script on their sites resize them? My best guess was to just make it a little bigger then some of the largest screens and then let people save them down to their size. If there's a better way, let me know.

16:9 is good. I've been having problems with the old ones getting distorted on my widescreen monitor.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Question on the contrast...What part of the contrast are you talking about? The part that gives the fabric the texture look? Or the one that is giving the look of depth and wave to the fabric? The contrast I struggle with most is the shading layer that gives the look of wave and depth. Before I was using a desktop PC and you get a little better color on those opposed the the laptop I use now. I know it's not too much of a difference, but I have seen some of the ones I made that look ok on my screen, but look a little too much on a desktop screen. Either way, both are easily fixable, but was just wondering which you were talking about.

The contrast in the fabric pattern itself is what I think stands out too much. The depth and wave contrast I think is good.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Archived