St. Louis Browns Team Colors

Bouj

I'm doing some research on the St. Louis Browns, and I needed ColorWerx's vast knowledge on the subject of team colors. I don't necessarily need the official pantone shades, but do you know if the St. Louis Browns ever had White as an official color? As far as I could ascertain, their official colors where Brown & Orange, with no real distinction given to either Cream (the color of the flannels of the era) or Grey, and really no mention of White at all.

Thanks in advance.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Damn it, I remembered SSUR moments after I posted this. Rookie mistake. Won't happen again. That's on me. (extended Gary Kubiak excuse-making here).

Appreciate the help though. White was an official color after all.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Damn it, I remembered SSUR moments after I posted this. Rookie mistake. Won't happen again. That's on me. (extended Gary Kubiak excuse-making here).

Appreciate the help though. White was an official color after all.

Man...I need to get rid of all of those old SSUR references that are out there. Need to erase the past. I've moved on (!)...

Anyway, here's a link to my MLB colors...the Browns are around half-way down the page:

MLB Team Colors

These colors are - for the most part - estimates. As most of you know, Pantone colors didn't even exist until 1963, and weren't used by sports teams until the '70s or '80s.

As far as the color White goes - well, I'm not sure if they were officially part of the color scheme or not. I tend to include White in the vast majority of color palettes (due to its ever-present usage), but to be honest, I'm not entirely sure if they were official or not. Teams (especially in those days) tended to list their colors as "Blue and White", "Navy and White", "Red and White" and so on. It's also not clear to me when baseball uniforms transitioned from a Cream/Flannel/Off-White to a pure White either.

Hope this helps. With all of my team colors, if there's an asterisk ('*') in the lower-right-hand corner of the swatch image, it's an estimate (by yours truly). Otherwise, I have some documented proof of its existence. With the Browns, I believe the "confirmed" colors all came from various Cooperstown Collection graphic files. Which are, of course, also estimates.

Archived