San Diego Padres Concept

Fox

Alright, so this is my second concept that I have made, and the first complete uniform set. This was made with paint. I have always wanted to make a Padres' set with brown and yellow, and to be honest I think it came out better than I was expecting.

SanDiegoPadresConcept.png

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I can't think of a major league team that has ever put it's logo on the right breast. It looks extremely odd.

Also, colored raglan sleeves really scream rec-league softball to me. I know they've done it in the past, but I'd suggest going sleeveless with colored undersleeves if that's the look you're going for.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Alright, well I tweaked the jerseys a bit. I got rid of the different colored sleves, and I made all socks brown. I also moved the SD logo over to the correct side of the jersey. The only big problem I feel that is still there is the yellow SD on the road hat over a jersey with no yellow. (yellow on gray is not a good look IMO) I'm not sure what to do with that. I may mix up the hat collection and am considering fully scrapping the yellow alt hat.

SanDiegoPadresConcept2.png

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Yellow on gray is a fantastic look. It looks much better than yellow on white, because the gray enhances the yellow. I'm not sure whoever told you that yellow on gray doesn't work... but I wouldn't listen to them anymore.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I wonder what an yellow-colored outline around the "SD" on the away would look like...maybe give that a go? Also, it might be overkill, but a thin yellow line around the brown sleeve stripes? Just thinking of ways to incorporate yellow. Also, Vet is right. Yellow looks absolutely fantastic on gray.

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

Archived