Odds and Ends

Lights Out

That NMSU concept is one of the strangest I've ever seen, but I can't help but like it.

The Bruins jersey seems a bit overkill-ish, but that seems to be what you were going for. The Avalanche jersey I definitely like. The idea works and you used it in a way that's simple and effective.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

All of these concepts look good (or at least interesting) on their own, but I can't help but think of this:

cowboys.jpg

When it's a whole team of them, especially 11 football players on the field at a time, or 40+ on the sidelines, it'll look pretty heinous.

There might be pieces of the New Mexico jersey you could actually use...it kinda reminds me of the 1994 NFL throwbacks in its outlandishness, but mixed with MLB turn-ahead-the-clock...I think the bandanna would definitely be out though. The hat...now THAT is interesting. I'd love to see a high school or Arena team try it (but this is coming from someone who loved the Iowa Barnstormers helmet)

The B on the Bruins is waaaay too big. Remember that the jersey will bend on the person, and the illusions made by the stripe would probably be ruined kinda quickly. Some compensation for that, and shrinking the B to a usual crest size, you might be able to do something with that.

The Avs one could be on its way to success. There's another one that's very similar that was just posted, so i should probably give them the same advice. Shrink the crest enough that it looks like a crest (though it would probably be sublimated), and then start the snowtrail from the bottom of the collar on the side opposite where the trail comes from. It should look like a stripe across the back, but happens to curve upwards. You should also make the sleeve stripes a bit more like the snow trail, maybe a blue-white-blue-white-blue with the blue stripes being really thin and the white thicker.

I hope that's constructive. Coming from a traditionalist, it's tough to think outside the box, but I'm giving it a shot. Mull that over and see if any of it is worth using. Interesting ideas.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived