32 team CFL for Madden

Stampman

Miltown--thanks for the resizings--they'll work well...

haesn---I used 128-128-0, but I'm not happy with it. I tried 146, 128,71, but when I saved it paint turned it to 160,128,64--which still looks okay--I'll have to try them out.

habsfan--It would be neat to see a CFL add on or something from EA--even if it wasn't all the CFL rules, but on the other hand I really enjoy creating teams--whether it's making my concepts for the CFL teams, or other teams from scratch.

I want to make more!

I haven't decided which BC division team to post first, I'm going to check my saved screenshots, and see if any are complete first...(hmm, I only have 1/4 for the Cougars, and 2/4 for the Lions--I'll have to log of soon and go play a bit of Madden...)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just realized I haven't posted the Eskimo alts yet--oh well I'll get to them--for now though I move to the BC division and start with the Prince George Cougars.

Some of you may know this is an actual hockey team, and I did use their logo--in this case the logo may be more visible than some concepts--as this is in a sense a crossover as well, although I based the unis on the logo colours without any conscious attempt at doing their hockey unis in football form.

The Cougars are the only team in the 32 team league not to have a predescer

-although some of these teams here are new concepts, there is something that went before them--the colours are a bit unusual for football, but I like them...

Colours sort of red & beige with black...

Cougar homeI was surprised how much I used this jersey style for primary unis--but for this team I really think it works...

cougar roadThese do not, I repeat NOT look pink on my computer--so if they do yours, at least one of us needs to recalibrate it, and mine's been done recently

Cougar home altWhile some alts use black for the sake of it--I believe it works well here and has a nice counterpoint to the home reds...

cougar road altI like to see some home unis that don't use white, but not all of them, so this league has some non white road concepts...

(If I had more jersey choices I might make these beige on the whole sleeve.)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Normally I frown on using dark colors (blacks, blues, purples, etc.) as numbers on dark jerseys, but that black really does stand out. Good goin'...

BTW, do you have Madden 02? Cause I could really use the triton logo for the midfield (it wasn't included in 04).

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Normally I frown on using dark colors (blacks, blues, purples, etc.) as numbers on dark jerseys, but that black really does stand out. Good goin'...

BTW, do you have Madden 02? Cause I could really use the triton logo for the midfield (it wasn't included in 04).

I normally avoid it too, but sometimes it works, as the red is paler, and I used the number font on Madden that has the widest outline...

I have 2002, cut my uni designing teeth on it & found this board as a result of that...

However---the only midfield logos I have on my version are templates...maybe it's in 2003...

as always thanks for your comments...

Well better late than never--or maybe not--it is Edmonton by the way--

Here the Edmonton Eskimo alts I missed earlier...

I had no prior concept--I just took their green & yellow & palyed aorund with them, so while they are sort of similar to a certain college team in Oregon, I didn't really think about it until later--I ended up doing "imaginary throwbacks"

Eskimo home alternate

Eskimo road alternate

Continuing on with the BC division again--the second team--the Okanagan Sun

When I was doing a 12 team CFL in 2002 I needed 3 teams to fill it up--one in the west to balance it out--I chose The Okanagn and did a version of their junior football team--of the same name--Since then it's been through many changes--

and now I have settled on the proper shades of orange that work for me, and aren't too close to other teams in this league. The actual Sun team didn't influence these designs much...

While I'm not big on orange overall I try to vary the colours o fhte teams--I refer to the home jerseys as Koolaid orange...

I may change the helmet colour...

Colours--Dark Orange, light orange, red, yellow

sun home

Sun Road

The alternates are different from each other because I like the designs for the dark or light--but am not crazy about them the other way around--and again a non white road jersey...

Sun alt home

Sun road alt

(oaky not that flattering, but it shows the uni)

Again thanks for comments...

They may give me ideas for the future...

Okay BC Lions today--For those who want the fantasy teams, the last from the BC division and all 4 of the Northern division qualify...

I did decide to keep the team as BC, not change it to Vancouver--it just sounded weeird...

The Lions were in some sense one of the easier teams to do their current unis...

I did the original ones out of my head first, and then changed very little after...

Lions home alt--I actually did this on Madden 2002 before they did their throwbacks--but I had a black helmet w/orange paw--but since in Madden you have to use the same helmet with each uni I did it a bit different in 2004...

This is how the Lions should have done it with the grey helmets...

Road alt--loosely based on the unis they wore when Doug Flutie played for them...

lions.png

And here's the 2002 version of the home alt-in that one you can choose the collar colour--but not in 2004--

Black helmet/orange paw

Okay, next up is a fantasy created team, The Victoria Royals--originally I had a different name and colour scheme--but they looked too much like another team in the league, so I decided to change the colour scheme--I settled on Black, Purple, and grey after I saw the logo and Unis of the Reading Royals (a hockey team--so their helmet logo is the "R" with a crown on it, and I changed the name to Royals, seeing as how the city was named after a former Queen of the British Commonwealth, the province is British Columbia, and I just liked the colours--

For the home unis Black worked best I thought, and I adapted it from there-

In Madden 2004 I gave them the solid stripes up the pants and jerseys for both home & road-

Road is basically reversed with white-(or light grey actually)--I'm not sure why I did the socks differently though...

For the alts I decide to emphasize the purple on the home unis, as it is the colour of royalty-

The road alts also emphasize purple with the shoulders and pants-

royals.png

Well as always comments are welcomed--and if anyone has an idea for a logo for any of the created teams (Caribou & Narwhals have been done already)--I am open to that as well.

Thanks

They've got a Chicago Enforcers feel to 'em... and that's a good thing.

Only I'd make the purple jerseys the primaries.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

They've got a Chicago Enforcers feel to 'em... and that's a good thing.

Only I'd make the purple jerseys the primaries.

Thanks,

and as for the Royals--you know when I play the Royals I ususally pick their alternate unis...

Well, it has been longer than I thought since a new concept was here--

Next up the Northern Division

first from that division the Yukon Grizzlies...

I chose the name because as I surfed through sites on the Yukon, I kept seeing references to grizzlies...

The colours are Green & Blue--they come from Yukon's flag--so while green & blue may not say "Grizzly" they do say "Yukon flag" and as a team representing the whole territory I went with that.

Originally I liked the primary unis better, but now if I play a game with the Grizz in it I choose their alternates--they harken back to the Canucks original unis, and the blue Whaler jerseys...

and trust me--these look better with green helmets than with blue--I've tried both...

Grizz home

Grizz road

Grizz road alt

and because it's the best look they wear (the player shown here is limping off the field after an injury...the home alts I use as primaries...

grizz_home_alt.jpg

If you're just checking it out now--don't forget to comment on the Grizz or other teams above--

Next The Yellowknife Polar Bears (because Northwest Territories Polar Bears is even longer)

When I went to do the NWT team I had to go with the Ploar Bears as the Territory has a great polar bear logo--in real life the team would need to work out a deal to use it--and I have not provided a clear shot of it here for that reason--they took a diamond company to court for a logo featuring a blue bear walking on a white background...But it looks great on a white helmet...

As I like uni colored unis in some cases I went with that for 3 of the 4 and have put them all in a row

The colours come from the logo.

pbears_all.jpg

(and for those wondering--Yellowknife is the Capital of the Northwest Territories)

If you're just checking it out now--don't forget to comment on the Grizz or other teams above--

Next The Yellowknife Polar Bears (because Northwest Territories Polar Bears is even longer)

When I went to do the NWT team I had to go with the Ploar Bears as the Territory has a great polar bear logo--in real life the team would need to work out a deal to use it--and I have not provided a clear shot of it here for that reason--they took a diamond company to court for a logo featuring a blue bear walking on a white background...But it looks great on a white helmet...

As I like uni colored unis in some cases I went with that for 3 of the 4 and have put them all in a row

The colours come from the logo.

pbears_all.jpg

and here's a closer look at the home uni-

Yellowknife Polar Bears

(and for those wondering--Yellowknife is the Capital of the Northwest Territories)

I'm not sure why... but I actually like these and the 80's style logo. Although I'd prefer a team from Yelloknife have yellow in its unis, I understand that it wasn't part of the original name, so maybe you could argue that this team has some history it didn't feel like messing with.

snappers_sig.gif

Actually the NWT logo has yellow outlining of the letters so there is yellow on the field, and the belts are actually a pale yellow, but it's hard to tell on the screen shots...

I tried some yellow other places and especially with the alts--it didn't work.

Thanks for the comments again--these are quite simple and in some ways plain--but I like them...

If I do it would be for the existing and/or US based teams--as the other teams I am mostly using other people's logos--as it's a personal league that's not going on line I don't see a problem with that--and that's why many of the logos are obscured or partially seen in the screen shots. 2 teams have logos created for me by designers on this board--and I would not do that with them unless I had their permission--although I did mention I would post screen shots using their designs as part of the requests--but providing them for download steps beyond what I agreed to...

There is one other team I could post a partial set for as they don't use a logo on their helmets but do use a design instead--I couls also post their endazone which uses the design--the others use a borrowed logo...

I've felt reluctant to post them for download before, but I may change my mind...

There are many Madden custom teams available for download--some are similar to some of mine, but I have never used any as I enjoy creating my own--I'll consider your request though...

Photobucket problems will delay the appearance of the Nunavut NArwhals--logo co-designed by zoneranger, steve-o and city of walrus...

While I still support the flames--it's almost time for the CFL and so this thread is more "real" to me, and I have changed my avatar (i however hold little hope the Stamps will do anywhere near as well as the Flames--unless Dunigan is a miracle worker... but still GO STAMPS GO!)

I was hoping to put some pictures right in the thread--but photobucket is still not letting me upload--I'll have to try again...so I'm doing this with Angelfire--see if it

works--

The 3rd team in the Northern Division is the Nunavut Narwhals--as previously announced the logo was a group effort by zoneranger, steve-o & city of walrus...

Now the Narwhal is indeed a whale that lives in Nunavut--and has a tusk/tooth/horn thing--cool looking things--and fitting for Nunavut...

Also I'm unaware of any teams actually using it--so that's kind fo cool too.

The colours are from Nunavut's flag--primarily red & yellow on a white background---there is a blue star on the flag, but it didn't fit well on the uni.

When the logo was done for me the colours got changed to a darker red & gold--which do look better--but I kept the colours from the flag for this team-although I've used gold as trim-so here are the unis--and bonus shots...

And once again I'm starting to like the alts better than the primaries...

Narwhal home

a Narwhal in the Pro Bowl (horrible combination of colours)

narwhal_in_the_probowl.JPG

Narwhal road

Narwhal Home alt

Narwhal road alt

Narwhal field

natwhal_field.JPG

I was hoping to put some pictures right in the thread--but photobucket is still not letting me upload--I'll have to try again...so I'm doing this with Angelfire--see if it

works--

The 3rd team in the Northern Division is the Nunavut Narwhals--as previously announced the logo was a group effort by zoneranger, steve-o & city of walrus...

Now the Narwhal is indeed a whale that lives in Nunavut--and has a tusk/tooth/horn thing--cool looking things--and fitting for Nunavut...

Also I'm unaware of any teams actually using it--so that's kind fo cool too.

The colours are from Nunavut's flag--primarily red & yellow on a white background---there is a blue star on the flag, but it didn't fit well on the uni.

When the logo was done for me the colours got changed to a darker red & gold--which do look better--but I kept the colours from the flag for this team--so here are the unis--and bonus shots...

And once again I'm starting to like the alts better than the primaries...

narwhal_home.JPG

I know you're probably using the exact colors from the flag, but it doesn't come out too well on a football uni (too bright). I'd use more of a 49ers red and Packers yellow.

snappers_sig.gif

Have you checked out the editted post--6 images to check out--but no other shade of red...

I will probably use the darker colurs for a different team as they look great.

If you think the red looks bright like that---you should see the red jerseys when I tried yellow pants!

Let me know what you think of the alts--as I said--I like them better now...

Next up--the Musk Oxen!

Archived