32 team CFL for Madden

Stampman

Oh and thanks to Miltown too for the resizings that allowed me to use the Narwhal logo in the midfield, main logo, helmet, and sliver settings...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are the Thompson (MB) Musk Oxen.

When I first did a full CFL I had a team in Flin FLon, but Thompson is much larger so I moved the team there--it had a couple of other names--but with a move to a division with 3 Northern teams I decided to rename the team--I wanted to use the name Musk Oxen, so Thompson was selected...I don't remember why the colours--maybe it was just me messing around--I am also currently requesting a new logo for the team on the request board.

The uni designs were a result of messing around with the uni options--and I like them all, I could easily alternate between them all...

Again comments welcomed--even if I disagree--your ideas may be an influence in future teams...and thanks to all who comment...

musk_ox_all.jpg

(and Miltown--I may just try your Narwhal suggestion in the game--I always do a team or 2 I don't use in leagues so I can fool around with designs & colours--so I may do that--if I do I'll post it here)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'd certainly be interested on comments on the Musk Oxen--as this colour scheme is one I find interesting--and don't recall seeing used anywhere else (which may be a good or a bad thing)

Anyway here is part one for the Saskatchewan Roughriders-whose 2004 CFL season got off to a rough ride (sorry--couldn't resist)

I present here the road unis--primary and alternate

The primary is based more on the white & green style, not the silver/grey they sometimes have used--that was shown quite well earlier in this thread by haesn.

I did take a few liberties here though.

I changed the helmets a bit as I was never satisfied with how the lines looked going to the back of the helmet--and anyway that's the thing I thought looked worst about their helmets, so I have just the logo without the wrap around stripes...

Rider road

The alternate is based loosley on some older styles--and actually is close to unis I have cards of Ron Lancaster wearing...as I'm not doing current rosters I made Lancaster the QB as he was the greatest QB to wear a Green Rider uniform.

(In an earlier version of this laegue on 2002 Lancaster was let go after the first season, and led the team that signed him to the Grey Cup/Super Bowl, losing a close one--the Riders never recovered...)

Roughriders.jpg

Next up the Riders home & home alts--and the next team up--the Saskatoon Huskies...

Screenshot--in 2004 at least--press F1--the image is stored in a screen shot folder, the default location is under My Documents listed as Madden 2004.

They're stored as bmp files--I open them in paint. Sometimes I crop them then save as jpg's so I can put them on a photobucket account...of course a better graphics program would have less colour distortion-so if you have one use it...

As for posting--as I said I'm using photobucket--but there other choices---check the TFAQ thread for more info...

Then I post from photobucket to here--again see TFAQ thread...

Hope that makes sense--and if you've made some custom Madden teams you'll share some screen shots, whether here or in your own thread...

Well moving right along--the Saskatoon Huskies are up next--in real life a second Saskatchewan team could prove dangerous to the Riders--but in this league they give the Riders a big rival.

The team name is taken from the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, the colours are adapted from Saskatoon's logo on their municipal site. Again I went with a non white road jersey--this time it's not the alt either, the helmets are actually a pale blue and match some of the trim colour--although here they look a bit purple/lilac. I have purposely obscured the logo in 2 shots as it is not mine, and I liked the shots enough to post them. (and with part of the logo visible in other shots)--where did I "borrow" the logo? It's the best Husky logo I've seen...

Home-

huskies_home.jpg

Road-

husky_road.jpg

Home alt

road alt

Comments?

Next up--Winnipeg & Thunder Bay

(and I think I'll start posting my CFL US teams before I start their league--so when anyone has good suggestions--I can use them!)

Well moving right along--the Saskatoon Huskies are up next--in real life a second Saskatchewan team could prove dangerous to the Riders--but in this league they give the Riders a big rival.

The team name is taken from the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, the colours are adapted from Saskatoon's logo on their municipal site. Again I went with a non white road jersey--this time it's not the alt either, the helmets are actually a pale blue and match some of the trim colour--although here they look a bit purple/lilac. I have purposely obscured the logo in 2 shots as it is not mine, and I liked the shots enough to post them. (and with part of the logo visible in other shots--where did I "borrow" the logo? It's the best Husky logo I've seen...

Home-

huskies_home.jpg

Road-

husky_road.jpg

Home alt

road alt

Comments?

Next up--Winnipeg & Thunder Bay

(and I think I'll start posting my CFL US teams before I start their league--so when anyone has good suggestions--I can use them!)

Keepin' it real... this isn't one of your best works.

The homes are okay, but everything else looks wierd... like it was just thrown together. Maybe if you replaced the silver with white.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I've never been totally happy with the road unis--and the main road uni has seen a lot of variations, the alt hasn't been around as long--I'll try more white--I do really like the main home uni, I really like the shade of blue here--and it's borrowed from Saskatoon itself, but I see where you're coming from.

And I'd love to hear your comment on the Musk Oxen-(further back)-even if you hate them...

I'm thinking of posting my US based team CFL concepts before I start their league

(16 US & 16 of the current Canadian based teams)--I have all the teams selected, and have done the unis--but the other day I reviewed them again, as I hadn't looked at them for awhile, and I made several changes--mostly to the alts...

That way I can hopefully get some comments before I start and then I could use them in the game if I like them...

And thanks again...

Next up the Winnipeg Blue Bombers--

Right off the top let me say--the helmet has caused me a lot of problems as to getting the colour right--I've tried a few suggestions and compared it with a couple that are downloadable on the net--and it just doesn't work--any suggestions are welcome

The uni colours are based on "averaging" the shades of blue and yellow/gold they've used over the years, and what looks good on my monitor...originally I did them out of my head and the blue was too bright--so I took some time and came up with these values--feel free to disagree...

The alts are again loosley based on actual unis they used before my time...

Bombers home & road

Bombers home alt

Road alt after losing the Western final

Bonus action pic in the road uni--Dieter Brock at QB

Bombers in action

• 3 weeks later...

Has it been that long since my last uni post here? Well I have been busy, and need to save the images onto a site before I can post them here--so I was going to post Thunder Bay--but I don't have screen shots for the home unis, and I thought I did so I'll be back with those later--in the meantime here's the 2002 version I did for the Lions' throwback, with throwback helmets yet-

Lions_throwback.jpg

Has it been that long since my last uni post here? Well I have been busy, and need to save the images onto a site before I can post them here--so I was going to post Thunder Bay--but I don't have screen shots for the home unis, and I thought I did so I'll be back with those later--in the meantime here's the 2002 version I did for the Lions' throwback, with throwback helmets yet-

Lions_throwback.jpg

I think you need to either add a white outline to the numbers, or go with white numbers outlined in black (I'd prefer the latter). Right now they look like the practice jerseys my cousin wore in high school (same colors).

But that's my only complaint. Great job overall.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Screenshot--in 2004 at least--press F1--the image is stored in a screen shot folder, the default location is under My Documents listed as Madden 2004.

They're stored as bmp files--I open them in paint. Sometimes I crop them then save as jpg's so I can put them on a photobucket account...of course a better graphics program would have less colour distortion-so if you have one use it...

thankz a lott :notworthy:

EDM_1489.gif

You're welcome---(see Flames/Stampeders fans and Oiler/Eskimo fans can be civil)

Hope to see you post some screenshots...

Miltown--I agree about the number, and after I psoted it I discovered I'd posted a link to that shot earlier on this thread--I believe I changed it for 2004, although the shot of the 2004 version has the outline smeared a bit.

And what did you think of the helmet? It's based on the one they did use originally, not the one they used last year...

Okay sportsfan I won't ask, I gues I thought you already had the game...

Next up the Thunder Bay Superiors (Named after Lake Superior)

I had a few other name for them, but eventually settled on that one--it's not the best sounding name out of context--but it is one of the unique ones I have used.

The primary unis are the same as the ones I did as a Montreal Canadiens crossover--except I've used a different logo on the helmet and in 2004 I can add the shoulder stripe to the road unis, and create alts--the alts are basically the red & blue reversed, and as the Habs have the shoulder stripe for the white unis, but not the red--I did that here and used different templates for the alts too, so there's no connection that way--it was done on purpose to emulate the Habs...

If I redid these I may make them blue, red & yellow, to match Thunder Bay's city flag---

so as always please comment, and here they are

superior home

superior road

home alt

road alt

Well leaving the Western Conference, we come to the Ontario division (there are 6 Ontario teams in this league--4 in this division, 1 in another conference-(Thunder Bay), and 1 in another division (Ottawa)

Up first are the Sudbury Porcupines...

The 'Pines began in a different city, and Sudbury had a different name, but in realignment for Madden 2004 I merged the two, as the original city didn't fit, and I was never happy with Sudbiry's previous unis, especially the colour schemes...

The colour scheme came about as I was working on another team and I reversed the colours in Paint--it turned to this combination of blue, black, and gold--I liked it and decided to use it, eventually bestowing it on the porcupines for no other reason than, because-- (Well porcupines can appear to be black)

The alts were just me playing around with the colours...

Left to right--

Hom, road, home alt, right alt

porcupines.jpg

Bonus action shot of the Porcupines in their home alts, against the Windsor Warriors in their road alts

That blue line is the line of scrimmage

Thanks for any comments...

Archived