32 team CFL for Madden

Stampman

I don't know about the black... it seems kind of forced. I think it does just fine with the blue and gold. I like the home alt the best... very UCLA-ish.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love it if someone could do a Shreveport Pirates addon for me for Madden 2003

Mudbug--check out this thread--it's the US based CFL teams--maybe I'll do the Pirates next--I could share what I did for their logos & helmet if you'd like, let me know...

US team thread

Astrobull & MidTown--thanks for your comments...

I like the black the best, maybe it was the colour inversion that gave it some quality I like, but I like them all-to you it looks forced to me it was one of those fortunate accidents----although I missed the similarity of the alts to the Hawks alts I posted way back when, where a UCLA comment was made by MidTown too. The resemblance is co-incidental as I don't really follow NCAA that much... (And the jersey style works for a lot of teams)

Astrobull--I got Madden 2002 to play the game--but spent more time making unis--then 2004 because it had more uniform options--(Although they took away a few too--but overall I prefer 2004 to 2002)

And mudbug--2004 templates work in 2003--hopefully they'll work in 2005 too.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's time for another actual team, I was going to post the Argos--but I'm missing a screen shot--so here's the Hamilton Tiger Cats--named when two teams, the Tigers and the Wild Cats (or Cats or something Cats), merged...

The primary unis were created for 2002 and are still based on those unis--when I did the 2004 versions I basically left them untouched, except I kept the helmet stripe which they had eliminated. This season they have changed the pants and made a few tweaks--these unis were laready in a franchise so were not updatable--still I like what the Ticats did back then for their unis.

The alts are based on throwbacks--and the home alts do have a similarity to the current home uni.

And yes, the Ticats once sported an almost all yellow/orange uni--in fact the real ones were more yellow!

Ticat home

Ticat road

Ticat alt home

Road alt-

4f2f473c.jpg

Bonus Ticats in action vs the Argos-in their primary home unis-

478f37b2.jpg

Next up--either the Argos or Warriors

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'd love it if someone could do a Shreveport Pirates addon for me for Madden 2003

I'll have that posted shortly mudbug--anf let you know when & where...

So after a bit of a break-including doing some of the TNFF--hopefully more to come...

Here's the Windsor Warriors

I used this name as I had a logo I liked and the aliteration sounded good.

The colour scheme was originally supposed to be different, but it was one of my earlier efforts before I devised work arounds for Paint changing colours--well the colour got changed to a dull pink--I darkened it a bit and liked it, so I kept it--I also did a lot of tweaking, and really like the primaries--afterwards I thought they're sort of a dark red version of the Cowboys.

The alts were more of an experiment in one colour unis--which when done well look great--I'm not sure about these one day I like them, the next I don't...

Left to right--Home, road, home alt, road alt

5735b2f9.png

Up soon the previously planned Argos... (but there are no Argo fans here-are there? :D)

Up next the Toronto Argonauts-

I made these for 2002--and they have tweaked them a bit, but tweaks not doable in Madden. I did tone down the foam green, I hope.

For the alts I went back to the double blue--and went to th 60's for the shade of blue. No intentional throwback here other than the second blue--but they do have that feel...

Left to right-home, road, home alt, road alt-

13ad08d2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

After almost a month break to focus on other stuff--including the US teams--which will return soon, it's the last of the Ontario based teams--the Ottawa Renegades-who play in a division with the Alouettes and 2 other Quebc based teams...

When I first did the 'Gades in 2002 the team was announced and so was the name--I'd eevn seen the logo--but I couldn't find a good shot of the uni, so I based it on the old Rough Rider black & red uni--since those seemed to be the colours--when doing it for 2004 I decided I liked the way I did them better than how they really were--so for 2004 I sort of did a combination of the two...

For the alts I decide to do all black & all white--the home alts look close to what I did for the Stamps--but with black pants...

If I were to redo these I'd choose a different number font though, and maybe tweak the alts--but these are the ones I am using...

left to right-home, orad, home alt, road alt

6b58b901.png

Comments welcome--next up--2 created Quebec based teams (Quebec City & Sherbrooke)--although I'm sure I'll post some US ones before then...

Moving right along--with a created team--the Quebec (City) Ramparts...(I know this isn't the French spelling--but in an effort to be part of the league they spell it the French way in Quebec, and in English outside!)

I borrowed the name form a junior hockey team, and the colours of the logo--but made no attempt to copy the hockey unis...

Originally Quebec had a colour set more like the Nordiques--but it just wasn't working so I changed them to the Ramparts--and changed the colours too...

Home-

ramparthome.png

Road unis are white & similar

Home alts-leaping for the catch

upforthecatch.png

They wore these on the road in Hamilton...

Home alts at home vs the Sharks

Road alts heading for the ez

This completes the CFL32's red white & black teams...

Comments welcome...

Well, now is as good a time as any to finish off the real CFL teams--and that leaves us with 9 custom teams to finish off after this--

The Montreal Alouettes-

I had to make some changes due to Madden limitations--and the Als have had a few uni variations since returning to the CFL--so I went with the following--the alts were, again, loosely based on throwback ideas...

Primary home, alt home

931bd165.png

(Yes the game let me make a QB #92)

Alt road, Primary road

0a5c2b32.png

Comments still welcome--only 9 teams left...

Thanks...

How do you keep the logo from showing that magenta background the game has on all its logos from the disk when you make your own. My teams I have made from the Arena Football 2 Peoria Pirates, and The Quad City Steamwheelers field and end zone logos have the Magenta background hue or outline on them.

QCWheeler

QCWheeler

QCW2Logo.jpg

Hmm, you mean the pink colour Madden uses as the transparent colour?

(RGB of 255-0-255)

If so what is probably happening is that when you save the log some of the pink/magenta has the colour value changed--I've had that happen--sometimes you need to re save it--sometimes you have to zoom in and replace each pixel that was changed from 255-0-255.

There may be a simpler answer--but I haven't experienced the problem too often to have attempted one-perhaps someone else here knows that better...

Well next team in the all Canada 32 team CFL-

The Sherbrooke Pumas.

Every league needs a uni so bad it defies belief--some leagues however have several. This league's team that's ugly because it is supposed to be is the Pumas.

I got the colour set when Paint kept changing my colours on me--it was actually a light green that's darker than this and a gold/yellow colour--not great--but okay...

Paint changed it to the colours below--at first I was just going to change them, but while ugly unis--I can't help but stare at them--and so I used them.

If you trash this one I will understand--if you like it--hey that's okay too...

Comments are still welcome!

left to right-Home, road, home alt, road alt

49f31dad.png

Next up--the Chicoutimi Bulls, or as they're known in French-Chicoutimi Taureaux.

Originally I had another team name, but I had trouble coming up with a good uniform & colour scheme--I had created the primary unis for a different team in a different league--when that league ended I decided to transfer the Bulls to Chicoutimi and use the same uni--the colours were suggested by the logo, and the alts were done fooling around with the colours-switching the primary & tertiary in this case, and using white on the road alt unis, as I'd used their secondary colour as the primary road jersey colour--

SO I present to you the Chicoutimi Bulls/Taureaux-

Home unis-

53f6d5d7.png

On the road against the Puffins (yes the Puffins--appearing soon)

0b0228e9.png

And

Home (left) and road (right) alts

Comments welcome & appreciated--Thanks--

Next up we conclude the Province of Quebec with Rimouski's team...

The final Quebec team--the Rimouski Sharks, or in Quebec, I believe they'd be the Rimouski Requins--or something close to that...

I chose the name as I had a neat logo that features a shark breaking out of the helmet--I changed it a bit to fit the helmet...I chose Rimouski for this team as the logo sort of reminded me of Jr Hockey's Rimouski Oceanic' logo...

I'm not sure what happend to the home alt--I have no memeory where that colour came from--I must have been up late when I did that and saved the wrong colour--oh well I never use that one for the games.

Also for those who criticize the Dallas Cowboys for using at least 3 shades of blue--these unis use 2--a lighter & a darker--appropriate for a team called the Sharks--

Left to right-Home, road, home alt, road alt-

eaed0635.png

Comments welcome!

(6 teams left)

Next--a team that's appeared here before when Sterling created a beautiful logo for me...The Labrador Caribou...I even changed the colours to the ones in his logo--as the original ones were a reworking of the Minnesota Vikings (don't ask why)

...He said he whipped the logo up quickly--but it's a great one--and the first of two designed by people here on the board for my own personal use...(No appearances outside of this site, and my personal computer.)

So anyway--Left to right-home, road, home alt, road alt-

617f34fa.png

and the Caribou scoring on the Als in Montreal-

a0e0968c.png

Comments always welcome--

5 Maritimes teams left...

I finally opened photobucket, so here's the previously seen in other teams screenshots-Newfoundland Puffins---

I know it's not a "powerful" or "threatening" sounding name--but Puffins are no pushovers...I tried other names--but the Puffin is the Provincial bird, and it just stuck...

The uni colours come from Newfoundland's flag, and I have since dcided to go with a blue helmet--which I'll post pics of soon--the white looks good with the road unis, but only sort of okay with the primary home, and awful with the road alt...

I tried lue & red helmets--the blue worked better---fortunately the hlemst can be changed mid stream...

left to right--home, road, home alt, road alt-

d974d992.png

in home alts w/white helmets vs the Renegades (in road alts) 396054b6.png

see what I mean?

Comments welcome--

Here are the Puffins--mentioned above--in their blue helmets--I like these betterthan the white, and since I can switch them mid franchise (being a custom team, and not owner mode)...

aa1ad128.png

COmments welcome

Next up--the Prince Edward Island Panthers--

The name came from the UofPEI, and the colours from the PEI flag--this is the last of the wildcat named teams in the CFL32 (Lions, Cougars, Pumas, and Panthers)-

oddly 2 of them use a shade of green...

I like the look of the primaries--sort of a Veggie tale look ala Bob & Larry...

I'm not sure on the alts--but the league is underway in Franchise mode--so no changing at this time--on the other hans they do have a distracting look--that sometimes I like...

left to right-Home, road, home alt, road alt

0391920e.png

Comments always welcome (and hard to believe--but only 3 teams are left to post in this league...)

Next--the Cape Breton Seals...

Most of the made up leagues I have done, whether for a PC game, or other, have had a team called the Seals in them, mostly in "tribute" to the California/Oakland/Bay Area, etc. Seals/Golden Seals...

The uniform colours & helmets are based on the Cape Breton Tartan, which I also used as the end zone--I wanted to try something a little different.

The shades of green have varied over time, but I like the 2 current ones---there is some yellow trim to complement the tartan's yellow--but it blended in on the screen shots--as always--comments welcome...

Left to right--home, road, home alt, road alt-

fddfff24.png

Home alt wearing Seal scores a TD on the Tartan themed endzone-

9fb09ef5.png

2nd last team --but I have some other ideas too...

Moving south--the Halifax Schooners.

Other than the existing CFL teams I think this was the first team I made for Madden--it has had some changes to it--but I haven't done much colourwise--In a way it feels like the've been around for so long, and these colours have a lot of tradition & history to them. I took the name from the failed Atlantic Schooners CFL expansion team. At the time I couldn't find the logo they made for it, so I found a different one, and went with the colours based on the city flag--but using different shades (for some reason)

The Primaries actually look better in action--so I've included shots of them--the alternates were just trying something different for the home, and something plain for the road--I don't use them much...

left to right-home, road, home alt, road alt

9aaa7620.png

Home-

5feb3ffd.png

Road-

b11a2089.png

Just New Brunswick left now-

Comments welcome...

Archived