Winnipeg Jets Sweater Concept / Prediction

Crash

Well, I already know how part of this is going to go, due to the "there's too much powder blue!" and "two-tone blue is lame" folks, but here we go.

I took educated guesses in creating this sweater concept, after looking at the Jets official website, official merchandise, and hearing some hints and rumors. The stripes are at least very close to the stripes seen on their website, arranged in a way that makes sense. The font is used on their website, plus is a little wishful thinking. There is a lack of red in the uniform, other than in the logos, as ONLY the leaves are red anywhere on anything official from the Jets. Beyond that, I think the crest looks really sharp on a field of the second blue (it's not really baby, not really powder, not really royal...), so that's the direction I went in. This is a mix of prediction, concept, and wish.

jetsconcept.png

jetsconceptaction-2.png

Let me know what you think!

Oh, and a special thanks to Sparky Chewbarky in sending me his template to use. It was very handy, so thanks!

- Crash

Good stuff Crash.

I bet you'll see a "third" from True North that will be very similar to what you've rendered here.

The silver gloves are interesting...

Again, good work.

I tried the gloves in the navy, but they're at the end of a navy band of sleeve and even with the navy shell, so it was a little strange. I tried them in the "light royal" (I seriously have no idea what to call that color) and it tipped the amount of "light royal" over the edge. Red would look out of place, so... SILVER!

Thanks again for the templates, man! They obviously helped a whole lot!

Well, I already know how part of this is going to go, due to the "there's too much powder blue!" and "two-tone blue is lame" folks, but here we go.

I took educated guesses in creating this sweater concept, after looking at the Jets official website, official merchandise, and hearing some hints and rumors. The stripes are at least very close to the stripes seen on their website, arranged in a way that makes sense. The font is used on their website, plus is a little wishful thinking. There is a lack of red in the uniform, other than in the logos, as ONLY the leaves are red anywhere on anything official from the Jets. Beyond that, I think the crest looks really sharp on a field of the second blue (it's not really baby, not really powder, not really royal...), so that's the direction I went in. This is a mix of prediction, concept, and wish.

jetsconcept.png

jetsconceptaction-2.png

Let me know what you think!

Oh, and a special thanks to Sparky Chewbarky in sending me his template to use. It was very handy, so thanks!

- Crash

Now that is a great uniform set for the Jets...BTW, I love their new logo, however, it would have been better if the maple leaf was painted onto the back of the plane. Great Job!

spacer.png

I like it. I don't think they are going to incorporate any other colors than what is in the primary logo, however.

Agreed , I keep seeing all of these lighter shades of blue jerseys for the home set and I cant figure out why everyone seems to think they wont use there primary navy colour. I cannot recall any NHL team or pro sports team in general that uses a colour for there main jersey colour that is not at least somewhere in the primary logo. Just something I have been wondering I guess.

I like it. I don't think they are going to incorporate any other colors than what is in the primary logo, however.

Agreed , I keep seeing all of these lighter shades of blue jerseys for the home set and I cant figure out why everyone seems to think they wont use there primary navy colour. I cannot recall any NHL team or pro sports team in general that uses a colour for there main jersey colour that is not at least somewhere in the primary logo. Just something I have been wondering I guess.

The lighter blue is very definitely part of their identity package. Beyond that, this image seems to imply that the lighter blue is second only to the darker blue in importance in that identity package. Also, in a radio interview, Chipman said that there would be no red beyond the logos on the sweaters, and the website's background has very distinct striping (which I used in my concept. Also, when the Moose (owned by the same group) honored the RCAF (which is part of why they went with this identity package for the Jets), they wore these jerseys.

As I said in the OP, I used the lighter blue as the main field of the sweaters because the primary logo looks so sharp on it and because we've already seen merchandise with a similar scheme.

So they're definitely going to "incorporate ... other colors than what is in the primary logo." They may very well go with a dark sweater that is primarily the navy blue (I'll be doing a set like that shortly), but there are many reasons that I suspected the lighter blue to be the primary field color.

And just for example, the Packers primary has no gold, the Buccaneers primary has no pewter, the Canucks primary has no green (and isn't the same blue most of the time), and baseball has a whole mess of uniforms where the logos actually change color to not have the jerseys' color in them.

Also, it's "their," not "there" in "they wont use their primary navy colour."

The lighter blue is very definitely part of their identity package. Beyond that, this image seems to imply that the lighter blue is second only to the darker blue in importance in that identity package. Also, in a radio interview, Chipman said that there would be no red beyond the logos on the sweaters, and the website's background has very distinct striping (which I used in my concept. Also, when the Moose (owned by the same group) honored the RCAF (which is part of why they went with this identity package for the Jets), they wore these jerseys.

As I said in the OP, I used the lighter blue as the main field of the sweaters because the primary logo looks so sharp on it and because we've already seen merchandise with a similar scheme.

So they're definitely going to "incorporate ... other colors than what is in the primary logo." They may very well go with a dark sweater that is primarily the navy blue (I'll be doing a set like that shortly), but there are many reasons that I suspected the lighter blue to be the primary field color.

And just for example, the Packers primary has no gold, the Buccaneers primary has no pewter, the Canucks primary has no green (and isn't the same blue most of the time), and baseball has a whole mess of uniforms where the logos actually change color to not have the jerseys' color in them.

I hadn't seen any other marketing materials other than the logo set, so the lighter blue seemed to be by your own influence. So, with that said...I still like it! :)

I hadn't seen any other marketing materials other than the logo set, so the lighter blue seemed to be by your own influence. So, with that said...I still like it! :)

Sorry if I kind of came off mean there. I didn't mean to; I just wanted to explain the thought process I had in make the sweaters mainly the lighter blue. Glad you like it!

For those wanting to see what the navy would look like, here you go:

jetsconceptnavy.png

I included a red shell version, since that's one of the rumors flying around Twitter. I personally think it looks out of place and weird with the minuscule amount of red otherwise present.

I had not seen either of those 2 sites so I apologize if I came off harsh or something. I love the set dont get me wrong. I just have seen many other people using this light blue for the primary home sweater colour and I just dont see that happening IMO as the light blue is not in the "official" branding we have seen. So I was just stating I did not see them going that route. Just an opinion not a slight at you or the design in any way.

As for the Packers , there is gold , around the entire logo. The Bucs have a slight amount of pewter on the sword and the Canucks use the green on there secondary logos. Baseball is a different animal all together as every team has greys for there away and whites for the homes as the primary base colours and then have all the alternates that in most cases promote a colour within the identity in some way.

NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA Discount Sports jerseys

Only $18.99/pc up

20 pcs or more free shipping now!

Customized jerseys for NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA

Also you can find Nike Air Jordan and MBT shoes here!

Why not have a look

Special promotion for Dirk Nowitzki jersey (only $9.99 per pc)

www.bbeststore.com

I had not seen either of those 2 sites so I apologize if I came off harsh or something. I love the set dont get me wrong. I just have seen many other people using this light blue for the primary home sweater colour and I just dont see that happening IMO as the light blue is not in the "official" branding we have seen. So I was just stating I did not see them going that route. Just an opinion not a slight at you or the design in any way.

As for the Packers , there is gold , around the entire logo. The Bucs have a slight amount of pewter on the sword and the Canucks use the green on there secondary logos. Baseball is a different animal all together as every team has greys for there away and whites for the homes as the primary base colours and then have all the alternates that in most cases promote a colour within the identity in some way.

No offense taken, and I likewise apologize for potentially coming off harshly. I was trying to explain my reasoning behind the lighter blue. Part of it, admittedly, is wishful thinking, as I think the logo looks really nice when set off by being place on the lighter blue and gets a little lost on a field of navy. It looks nice on the navy hats, but the logo is highly 3D there and won't be on the sweaters. I also wouldn't mind seeing the darker silver used as the main part of the jerseys, but I don't think they'll want to go that direction.

Archived