Edmonton Oilers logo Concept

gojetsgo

Hello fellow sports logo enthusiasts. I have been into making logos for a while but made all of mine the old fashioned way--using pencils. I'm in the process of converting them to computer format. I just found this forum and I'm impressed with alot of the work here.

Feel free to critique my work. This one is an Edmonton Oilers logo I made a few years ago. It sort of borrows a bit from both the original logo and the Houston Oilers' logo. Anyway... here it is:

Oiler Logo

I'll add many more logos in the future.

Not bad at all. I definitely like where you are going with this logo. I think for some reason. the bottom of the derrick looks like it is coming out towards us at a wrong angle. Maybe some different angled and directioned lines would fix that. Other than that, a very very solid concept my man! Keep up the good work!

This really looks more like an album cover from the early 70's than a sports logo. The colors are a mess, and having the oil spell out "Oilers" that way probably wasn't the best idea. The derrick is a cool idea for Edmonton, though, now that Houston no longer uses it.

I like the concept of this logo, if not the execution. There's no way it could be a primary logo, but it might work as a secondary logo.

My suggestion, make the perspective on the oil derrick look more like you coming from above it (kind of the opposite of the Islanders' light house logo).

Archived