Kansas City Chiefs

BrandMooreArt

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The KC logo looks like it was designed on a computer, not a pad and paper, which makes it look interchangeable with all the other "modern looking" logos. Keeping it as it is makes it look organic, which is something you don't see in too many logos anymore. The only modification that could somewhat improve the logo would be a straightening of the lines.

The KC logo looks like it was designed on a computer, not a pad and paper, which makes it look interchangeable with all the other "modern looking" logos. Keeping it as it is makes it look organic, which is something you don't see in too many logos anymore. The only modification that could somewhat improve the logo would be a straightening of the lines.

im all for hand drawn stuff (everything i do starts on paper) but theres a reason why those hand produced logos arnt around anymore. they're really bad. look at the line work in something like Notre Dame's logo and its clear. that kind of shotty work is not acceptable.

other wise i still agree i the majority, the hand made arrowhead is easy to connect with. its human. it has personality. i dont hate that logo, but this direction was about injecting modern simplicity and "speed/athleticism" into a classic (though i would say a bit dated) look

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I could get behind this. I'm in favor of removing all yellow from the Chiefs' uniforms. I think the gray works sparingly. When you're at Arrowhead Stadium, it's obvious the graphics push the red/white far more than the red/yellow. I've done concepts where I tone the yellow down or shift the hue slightly, but you've proven removing it completely is far better.

Also, love the number font. No yellow outlining white, which is a good thing. The Vikings' and Chiefs' current numbers look awful.

My only suggestion is to try the socks with solid red and no stripes. Some players wore solid red socks against the Chargers last season, and it was a huge -- if subtle -- improvement. If it looks bad, I'll shut up. :P

Archived