Kansas City Chiefs

BrandMooreArt

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so I really like the way this looks on it's own, but I have to wonder about the arrowhead. It just doesn't have a chiseled look, it looks more machined with the straight lines. That doesn't make me think native or chiefs as it were. Aesthetically I have never liked the yellow on the chiefs, looks too much like McDonalds, but I think you need another color in there like a gold or something to give it that Native American feel.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I'll be interested to see the logo without the shading on the helmet. I assume there are three colors total (red, white, silver), but my eye gets distracted by the shading of the 3-D representation.

I like it, but support The Imapler's thoughts that it looks too "machined" for what ought to be a handmade item.

It's where I sit.

Im liking it. I dont like the real Chiefs logo because it's so "bumpy" so this is an upgrade. The lack of yellow might make a lot of Chiefs fans upset since they own red and yellow in the NFL. One suggestion might be too add a few slits or some areas where the arrowhead cuts in just to get away from this perfectly undamaged arrowhead. Right now it looks just a little too perfect and smooth. Other than that, nice work.

thanks for the feedback guys. i wont make any changes til after i dump everything in here, hopefully it all makes sense if you see everything together. then i can tweak it

i totally agree, there is something human and really interesting about a handmade object. especially with a tool/weapon like an arrowhead. but the goal here waas to take a classic look and bring it into 2011. something simple, clean, and looks fast. take away the "bumps" and make it sharp. i wanted to get away from yellow because its close to Washington, couldnt add black because of Atlanta, so i think silver/grey is a good choice and reflects the "simple, clean, fast" i was going for.

everything is done now, just putting together the slides for presentation :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I don't understand the complaints about the missing yellow. All we've seen so far is the helmet. The biggest problem I have with the Chiefs current look is their use of yellow in the uniform, but total lack of yellow in the helmet. For all anyone knows, your concept could have the same issue (although you've implied that isn't the case). Can't wait to see where you take this.

In other words, don't whine about the lack of yellow in the helmet, when there's no yellow currently in the Chief's helmet.

It's where I sit.

I LOVE this modernized look. I wouldn't want to see the Chiefs change...but this is still a great concept. I would prefer a white facemask rather than red (just my personal opinion). Also, maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me, but the left side of the arrow (I guess it would be the bottom of the arrow head) doesn't look symetrical to me. It could just be the angle it's at...but it looks a little off.

gYH2mW9.png

i know everyone else likes to keep things traditional, but im a fan of modernization. the reason we love classic looking concepts is because theyre classic. i love the direction you took here, though i agree with worcat, i miss the yellow. i was kinda hoping to see red yellow and white with some black thrown in. but this is a great logo. will there be uniforms?

Without seeing the rest of the uniform, I really think that the facemask needs to be white. To me the bright white facemask on that red is the most pleasing element of their design. Can't wait to see the rest of this.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I love the logo, but I'm not sold on the silver in it. Although some might think just red and white would be too plain, I personally think it would look good. It's not an insult to anything but I just feel like the silver in there is silver for silver's sake rather than really adding anything to the logo. Excellent work, however.

Archived