Kansas City Chiefs

BrandMooreArt

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa. As a Chiefs fan, I have to say, I love where this is going. It's sleek, but it's not contrived. My only suggestion would be to make the facemask white, but I should withhhold judgment until I see the whole set.

• 6 months later...

Love the logo. A common misconception among people who make sports logos, is to add a lot of depth to them, when a majority of sports logos are really "flat".

You gave the logo the right amount of depth, with out over doing it.

You can't have too much depth on a sports logo because it just won't print on a jersey, or a hat.

Nice execution, but I'm not in love with it. I'd drop the iPod shading on the numbers and logo; it doesn't add much. Also, I hear what you're saying about taking away the carved bumps to make the arrowhead look "faster" (one of the more overrated priorities in sports design today IMHO), but to me the smooth logo is saying Roman spearhead, not hand-made native American arrowhead. I miss the yellow a lot too, as an easy way to add some visual interest. I think the way the Chiefs use it sparingly is very tasteful.

its all done. have at it!

Um...where'd it go?? (Me no see image...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You know I've gotta say I don't love it! The silver to me doesn't work well on white, especially with the bright red as the other color. Split colors are fine though. Maybe a soft yellow? Might accomplish the changes you were looking for. Something really soft... just ideas! Great execution though, loving the presentation.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I love the design and the new, sleeker logo. Congrats on modernizing the Chiefs without using black.

That said... I find myself wishing I could see it with yellow instead of silver. I think I would like it more with yellow.

I also agree with everyone who said the facemask should remain white.

If you change the yellow to gold like many are suggesting, you'll just wind up with 49ers colors.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Um...where'd it go?? (Me no see image...)

I believe that It's back on the first post as an edit, Buc.

Whether folks like or dislike the missing yellow...this is great work, Brandon.

Which Brandon are you talking about...we're both Brandon. :P

And yeah I goof...me no see edit on first page. (Doesn't help that I don't have good 3G coverage way uo here where I'm at, either.) But I just saw it and....

....on its own merits, pretty slick stuff. I think a solely red-and-white team would look good in the league. (I know there's silver in this, but you catch my drift...and I know the Cardinals exist, but thats more a garnet-ish much more muted red.) As an update to the Chiefs, though...just doesn't look right without the yellow. And this is nothing to do with the quality of your design, but I absolutely detest the number set of the DIN family. (Personal thing though.)

Might you try a version of this utilizing yellow?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

i know a lot of people are wanting yellow, but i removed the yellow because i wanted to separate this identity from the Redskins. even as a trim color, its too close IMO plus both teams being based on native american themes, just dosent work for me. i think if i were to add yellow you just would be reminded too much of the "old" Chiefs, then the new smooth aesthetic would be out of place. its all about building the future :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Very nice concept, very nice! I don't even mind that there is no yellow or no secondary color. I really think you're missing the boat with the "sleek" logo. It's just not the way an arrowhead carved by Native Americans would look. At the very least I would give an indication of a chiseled effect even if only through some shadowing with the grey. Otherwise I really like it, keep the red facemask.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

As a big Chiefs fan, I'm kind of torn about this concept. I can live with the removal of yellow from the uniforms, and I think that you executed it really well. I just don't think that the "smooth aesthetic" is something that fits the Chiefs. As a few others have said, the logo no longer looks like an arrowhead, but more like a spear, especially with the addition of grey/silver. The italicized KC in the logo also looks off, but I can't quite figure out what it is that bugs me (maybe it's just that I'm so used to a straight font in our current logo). I also have to disagree with The Impaler, as I would like to see a white facemask back on the helmets, since the team has used them since the early 70's.

I love the presentation of the concept, though, and with a few small changes I could really get behind it.

Archived