Bigmike's NCAA Football Series

bigmike

Big East

Cincinnati Bearcats

I really like Cincinnati's claw mark them so I used it here but tried not to overdo it. It pretty much looks like the basketball uniforms, I also used the Bearcat eye logo on the back over the nameplate.

Home & Away Uniforms

CincinnatiHomeAway.png

Alternate Uniforms

CincinnatiAlternates.png

Connecticut (UConn) Huskies

I went modern with UConn since that seems to be the direction they have gone, it is similar to the Oregon State concept I did in my last series. I also replaced gray with red since its one of their colors. The husky logo is also used on the collar.

Home & Away Uniforms

UConnUniforms.png

Louisville Cardinals

Last time I did Louisville I added the number font that matched the wordmark and went with classic northwestern stripes. This time I with a modern style of the northwestern stripes kind of mixing with the uniforms they wore when Bobby Petrino was there. The stripes would also end at the back of the helmet like they do on the jersey and pants.

Home & Away Uniforms

LouisvilleUpdatedHomeAway.png

Alternate Uniforms

LouisvilleUpdatedAlternateUniforms.png

Pittsburgh Panthers

For Pitt, I used the Pro Combat as my inspiration. I really loved the look but the PC's jersey design didn't look good. So I used the number font and the helmet striping throughout the whole uniform. The white uniforms also have a blue shoulder yoke. I mocked up a gold jersey but I didn't like how it looked so I left it off.

Home & Away Uniforms

PittUniforms.png

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Rutgers Scarlet Knights

I went with the same basic look but used their style-ized R logo. I also made a custom font to match the logo. The Scarlet Knight logo is on the pants and collar, I thought about adding a all back alternate but I didn't really know if it was necessary.

Home & Away Uniforms

RutgersHomeandRoadUniforms.png

South Florida (USF) Bulls

I love South Florida's new uniforms, but I decided to try and streamline things a little more. I got rid of the double outline on the logo/numbers, I just like the one outline better. I also made the shoulder/neck design stand out a little bit more, its pretty much the same design used on their current uniforms though. The numbers/NOB match the logo as they are slightly slanted and only have one outline. I also added stripes to the pants matching the jersey's design.

Home & Away Uniforms

USFHomeAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

USFAlternateUniforms.png

Syracuse Orange

My Syracuse concept is unchanged except I made the Orange jersey the Primary Home option. The whole set is inspired by the Earnie Davis uniforms and as you can see there is a Earnie Davis throwback included.

Home & Away Uniforms

CuseHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniform/Throwback Uniform

CuseAlternateUniforms.png

West Virginia Mountaineers

And last but not least West Virginia. I just went with a modern nike design that matched their logo. I also tried streamlining the whole uniform set unlike it is now.

Home & Away Uniforms

WVHomeAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

WVAlternateUniforms-1.png

Alright so there is the Big East, that conference was a lot of fun. I'm going to do the B1G next, it is a hard conference to get creative with but hopefully I will be able to come up with some good stuff. Anyways let me know what you think about the Big East!

Cincinnati: The helmet and top look great! There's just something about those pants that aren't appealing to me. I think they should be a little lower and they are too wide, IMO

UConn: The design is outstanding, but that number font is specifically for Oregon State. I think that if you went with the UConn basketball font it'd look way better.

Louisville: Excellent job on them Cards. That striping is perfect for them. I can't wait to show this to my dad later(He's a die hard Louisville fan). My favorite from you thus far!!!

Pitt: The home set looks great. But on the away, I suggest going with white shoulders & the shoulder stripe being navy with a gold stroke.

Rutgers: This custom font is what makes this set. Very nice, clean set. Would be a nice little update for Rutgers. And yes, the black alternate is very necessary haha.

USF: I love it! It just says USF all over it. I also like how you got away from the double out line on the logo and numbers.

Syracuse: If it wasn't for Ernie Davis this wouldn't work. But I could definitely see this happen in real life because of E. Davis. Way to incorporate history into this concept.

West Virginia: This set is definitely an upgrade fir WV. The striping is nice and would look really good on them.

Great job on the Big East. Can't wait to see what you do to spice up the B1G.

Untitled.png

Cincinnati: I like the addition of claw marks on the shoulders. I don't like the red pants. Clashes too much with the black helmet.

UConn: I really like the design, and the addition of red. And, TylerBray, that's not solely Oregon State's number font. UConn football uses it too.

Louisville: I REALLY like Louisville. The striping looks great, and I really like the number font.

Pitt: I really like the striping for Pitt. That works really well on the shoulders. And I actually kind of like the blue yoke. It's more Titans-like than Bills-like, so I'm fine with it.

Rutgers: Nice update for a team that's kind of hard to update. I'm not sure whether I like it better than their current look, but I think you changed them as well as you could have. The set is really well done though.

USF: Not much to say, since there's not much change. I'm glad you kept the unis similar - I really like them. Not a big fan of the gold numbers on the green jersey, though.

Syracuse: I like it. Good modernization of a classic look.

West Virginia: These look awesome as well. I love the striping. Definite upgrade.

Thanks for the comments, going to bump this before it falls to the 2nd page.

I would like to hear some more thoughts before I make any updates, but you guys left me some great C&C and I'll be using it throughout the updates.

Archived