Bigmike's NCAA Football Series

bigmike

Hey guys, I had a College Football thread thats been going on for about half a year, you can check it out here. The reason I'm starting a new thread is because that one has been dead for about a month and it was becoming very cluttered. Plus I've decided it would be easier to complete teams by conference, I became really discouraged posting my concepts last time just because the lack of comments. Hopefully this will be easier to navigate and everyone will enjoy this series. Some of the concepts will be exactly the same as the ones I posted in my other thread, unless I tweak them.

ACC

Atlantic

Boston College Eagles: Home & Away

Clemson Tigers: Home & Away, Alternates

Florida State Seminoles: Home & Away, Alternates

Maryland Terrapins: Home & Away, Alternates

NC State Wolfpack: Home & Away

Wake Forest Demon Deacons: Home & Away

Coastal

Duke Blue Devils: Home & Away, Alternates

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: Home & Away, Alternates

Miami Hurricanes: Home & Away, Alternates

North Carolina Tar Heels: Home & Away, Alternates

Virginia Cavaliers: Home & Away

Virginia Tech Hokes: Home & Away, Alternates

I'll post all of the ACC Atlantic teams on the next post with descriptions.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I like what you've done with FSU. However, I feel like the feather design on the pants would be better if the design was closer to the design on the Pro Combat pants. Also, I think the collar design would look good on the sleeve cuffs as well. I'm also curious as to what they'd look like with a garnet helmet.

No complaints about BC, Clemson or Wake Forest.

For Maryland, I'd give them a yellow alternate just for the hell of it. :P

I think the sleeve patch on NC State would look better on the chest like Nebraska. Here it just looks awkward.

I hate the BC helmet. I don't know why, but the wings just look weird to me. The top shoulder stripe is also kind of crooked.

I love Clemson, but the Orange outline on the purple alt is really bright and glaring. I don't know how to fix it, but it ruins the jersey for me.

I actually prefer the regular helmet spear. The head on this one is too short and I like the white, garnet split. Otherwise, great concept.

The red helmet looks awful. There's just way too much red on the uniforms, bright red at that. A white or black helmet would go a long way.

No complaints here, just that the pants stripe doesn't flow with the jersey, and looks a bit off.

Perfection for Wake. I love the font, and love the deacon on the helmet.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

ACC Atlantic

Boston College Eagles

I didn't really make any changes to my BC concept. I used the wings from their logo on their helmet, and used sleeve stripes inspired by the Doug Flutie uniforms. The only tweak I made was adding the numbers to the shoulders.

Home & Away Uniforms

BCHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Clemson Tigers

Once again, didn't really change anything from my last concept except add numbers to the sleeves.

Home & Away Uniforms

ClemsonHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

ClemsonAlternateUniforms.png

Florida State Seminoles

This was the last team I posted in my old thread, I think TylerBray was the only guy to say anything about it to so I'd love to hear more feedback, I used Rentz's spear that was mocked up from the PC uniforms. I actually mocked up a Garnet and White helmet, but I decided not to use them with the set. Everyone has suggested to add the feather on the cuffs but I left it off because I would expect them to wear a red version of this undershirt. I may go back and mock up the undershirt sometime.

Home & Away Uniforms

FloridaStateHomeandRoadUniforms-1.png

Alternate Uniforms

FloridaStateAlternateUniforms1-1.png

Maryland Terrapins

Alright Maryland was I team I haven't done yet, I always thought about using the flag piping on the shoulders and then having a shoulder yoke, but I ditched that idea after seeing their new uniforms, so I replicated the new UA template in paint and tried going for a look similar to their old basketball uniforms. Its kind of similar to mbannons but I thought this was the best option. I also used a red helmet for the concept trying to emphasize it as their main color. I added a black helmet as an alternate option.

Home & Away Uniforms

MarylandHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

MarylandAlternateUniforms-1.png

NC State Wolfpack

It's hard to find inspiration for the Wolfpack, their new uniforms are really bland and emphasize "State". The problem with that is there are alot of other Colleges with State in the name and whenever I hear "State" I don't think of the Wolfpack. So instead I emphasized their nickname and used contrasting collars and cuffs. I also used the wolfpack logo that used to be on the chest on the sleeves, I'm not crazy about chest logos. The pants stripe matches the helmet stripe.

Home & Away Uniforms

NCStateHomeandRoadUniforms-1.png

Wake Forest Demon Deacons

Wake is another team I've never done, I just went with a two stripe design that rounds off on the sleeves and pants, I also matched the font with the WF logo (Yes it is Times New Roman, and I think Wake is the only team who could probably pull it off). The helmet now has the Demon Deacon on it, I tried cleaning it up a little bit and thought it would look great on the helmets.

Home & Away Uniforms

WakeHomeandAwayUniforms.png

I've got most of the Coastal teams done, but I'm going to let these sit for awhile and work on updates (if needed) before I post the next set.

Boston College: Great the striping works great for BC. The helmet looks great too.

Clemson: The collar/cuffs don't look great to me. But they don't look bad. Decent set.

Florida State: The garnet looks too pink on my screen...maybe just my screen though. Love the white helmet for them. And the pants look great too.

Maryland: Love love love this set. Very modern. The template looks very good! I would like to see a black helmet. The red one doesn't look that good with the black jersey.

NC State: I like this set, but there isn't really anything special about it. In your defense, you don't really have anything to build off of.

Wake Forest: I feel like the striping is too modern for Wake. But the Times New Roman is perfect for them.

Can't wait to see the rest of the ACC....Great job so far.

Untitled.png

I think the Whit uniform for FSU would work just fine with the gold helmet. The white helmet looks good. But in the interest of the team not having 3 different helmets, I think a gold one for that set would be ok. Great job on them.

Thanks for the bump TylerBray, I made some updates to FSU and Maryland. Just took the white helmet out of the FSU set, I think jay is right the gold helmet looks better with the all white set, and a white helmet kind of seems redundant although I did link a picture of it and the garnet helmet since I mocked them up. Maryland gets a black helmet added to there set as well.

Oh and I'm not sure about FSU's red, it appears dark on my screen but it is also faded out a little bit more then any other red colors I've used, if it appears pink though I'll change it.

ACC Coastal

Duke Blue Devils

No changes from the last time I posted them, the uniform takes inspiration from their basketball uniforms and the number/wordmark font matches the D logo.

Home & Away Uniforms

DukeHomeandAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

DukeAlternateUniforms.png

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

I did Georgia Tech in my Top 25 thread from a year ago, but I started from scratch with this set. I decided to take inspiration from the regular Calvin Johnson uniforms and the throwbacks. I really like the move to gold numbers for their uniforms this season so I kept them. Since Georgia Tech wears white at home and on the road, I created a home and road option with the white uniforms. This is something I always do for them and LSU, and then there are two Alternate/Clash uniforms included as well.

Home & Away Uniforms

GaTechHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

GaTechAlternateUniforms.png

Miami Hurricanes

For Miami I decided to go a new direction this time, I came up with a split color design I was very happy with but its been done a bunch of times and I rather see them used as Pro Combat one time uniform(s). Anyways I saw this uniform posted in a thread around here one time and it's design is similar to my Oklahoma concept. So I decided to use that cut and update Miami's look. The funny thing is the 1970 team only won 3 games but it is an interesting design. I mocked up a green helmet as an alternate, I wasn't crazy about it so I didn't include it in the set but you can see it here.

Home & Away Uniforms

MiamiUpdatedAlternateUniforms-1.png

Alternate Uniforms

MiamiUpdatedHomeandAwayUniforms-1.png

North Carolina Tar Heels

Not much to say about UNC, I took the argyle striping pattern from their basketball uniforms and added it to the football uniforms (I know its probably been done before). I didn't use the pattern on the helmet, didn't want to go overboard. You can also view the Navy/White, and All White combos here.

Home & Away Uniforms

UNCHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

UNCAlternateNavyPantsUniforms.png

Virginia Cavaliers

Virginia was surprisingly easy for me, I did a concept for Florida using this striping pattern and I realized that it works perfectly for Virginia since they use similar stripes on the helmet. The stripes would continue to end about halfway down the helmet. I also tried using a number font to match the V logo, and I added the V logo to the pants above the stripes.

Home & Away Uniforms

VirginiaHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

VirginiaAlternateUniforms.png

Virginia Tech Hokies

One of my favorite concepts ever, I didn't make any changes to it from the last series. It combines the piping from the Marcus Vick era uniforms and the traditional striping from their throwbacks. I added a Orange Helmet/Pants option as well, you can see it here.

Home & Away Uniforms

HokiesHomeandRoadUniforms-1.png

Alternate Uniforms

HokiesAlternateUniforms-1.png

Okay so that is the whole ACC, I'll probably post the Big East or B1G next, I have more teams to do out of the Big East so if I post it next it may take awhile but hopefully you guys will leave me some C&C while I work on it.

VT's Marron just seems to light. Try darkening it a bit. Other than that, good concepts.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Duke: Great job on the Devils. Taking inspiration from the basketball team is a great idea. No complaints on this set at all.

G-Tech: Nice little triple stripe design for them. I feel like simple is what GT should go with. And the collar really completes this set.

Miami: Perfect design for Miami. Although, I still like the idea of them using the two-tone numbers...but this set would definitely work for the Canes. I would like to see a green helmet though. Like the one they wore last year but with stripes.

UNC: This set is perfect. Personally, I would love to see an all white strip on UNC though. No navy pants?

Virginia: I like the font. And I really like the overall design of the uni. An orange alt could look good on the Virginia IMO.

VaTech: This is perfect for VaTech. The classic stripes mixed with piping. A+. I don't know what it is about all white sets, but I love them. But that orange helmet is too sexy to leave off this set.

Keep up the good work man.

Untitled.png

Duke: Great job on the Devils. Taking inspiration from the basketball team is a great idea. No complaints on this set at all.

G-Tech: Nice little triple stripe design for them. I feel like simple is what GT should go with. And the collar really completes this set.

Miami: Perfect design for Miami. Although, I still like the idea of them using the two-tone numbers...but this set would definitely work for the Canes. I would like to see a green helmet though. Like the one they wore last year but with stripes.

UNC: This set is perfect. Personally, I would love to see an all white strip on UNC though. No navy pants?

Virginia: I like the font. And I really like the overall design of the uni. An orange alt could look good on the Virginia IMO.

VaTech: This is perfect for VaTech. The classic stripes mixed with piping. A+. I don't know what it is about all white sets, but I love them. But that orange helmet is too sexy to leave off this set.

Keep up the good work man.

Thanks man!

I'll go back and add a green Miami helmet, and I planned on adding navy pants for UNC but I forgot to add them. I thought about adding a white helmet option for UNC as well but I didn't want to overload the white helmets in the Conference. I'll definitely go back and add some more options for Virginia and Virginia Tech as well.

Would really love to hear some more C&C on this guys, and I'm working on the Big East next, I have a lot of ideas for the teams but if anyone has some input I may try and integrate it into my design.

It is so difficult to find anything wrong with these. The only thing I can offer is for Duke, the shoulder stripes follow a triple color pattern while the numbers are double color, perhaps matching those would be better. Other than a few personal preferences (rather see green/orange/green theme for Miami), these are perfect. And most are upgrades over the current set.

I really like almost all of these, so I'll just move on to the few things I'm not liking.

I'm not a fan of the sleeve stripes on BC. They just seem to clash with the rest of the set. Personally I like the eagle head on the sleeves, but if you want stripes I would rework/simplify them.

For FSU I would put the feathers on the cuffs and add shoulder numbers like they have now.

I HATE that logo that NC State had on their jerseys last year and that you put on the sleeves. It just doesn't work on a football jersey.

I don't like Wake's or Miami's NOB font. They're not condensed enough IMO. I would go with a standard block.

This isn't a criticism, but I agree with TylerBray that an orange alt would look good for Virginia.

Okay I updated all of the ACC teams that I'm going to update, hopefully I'm completely done with it. I have 6 out of 8 Big East teams done, its taking a little bit longer just because I was working on my Alabama logo for the NCAA Concept Championship. Anyways I'll address some of the updates here.

Florida State: I added numbers to the shoulders. I didn't put the feather on the cuffs either because in my uniform world they would wear the Pro Combat undershirts with the design on the sleeves. I may go back and mock up the sleeves though.

Miami: I changed the NOB, it still matches the font but all of the letters are capitalized unlike Nike's version of the font. I also added a green helmet, I posted a link to it by itself in the description.

UNC: I originally intended to add navy pants but for some reason I forgot to do it so I went back and added the navy pants.

Virginia: Orange Alt. added

Virginia Tech: Darkened the Orange a little bit, I don't want to darken it too much though. I also added a set with Orange Helmets/Pants option.

Alright once I finish USF and West Virginia I'll be ready to post the Big East so hopefully that will be sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Virginia's helmet would look better without the stripes.

Instead of recoloring the Miami logo, outline it in white when necessary. The U shouldn't be anything other than green and orange.

I don't like the combination of stripes and piping on Virginia Tech. The combination seems forced.

Archived