Nationals Concepts

DaytonBlue

These are some Nationals concepts I came up with, based off the current logos adding the idea of a map symbol for a national capital being represented with a circle with a star in it.

WashingtonNationals3-1.gif

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

In the first post, I prefer the second logo.

The first one is cluttered because of the script, and I can see what loogodude's saying about the Astros thing. A star with script underneath in that style resembles the astros a little too closely. If you were to remove the script, I can see the logo improving.

The second one's great and I wouldn't change a damn thing about it.

In the second post, I'm sorry to say I'm not a huge fan of either one. I see what you're trying to do with the first one, but I just don't think the outline of DC is distinctive enough to be the centerpiece of a logo. Without the "Washington Nationals" in the outer circle, it wouldn't be instantly recognizable as DC. Even with the capital star it might be difficult to determine. I can see it as maybe a sleeve patch, but not a primary mark.

To me, the second one looks like the Rangers' old (1994-2002) primary and the sheriff's badge alternate that went with it. To be clear, I'm not accusing you of ripping that identity off. All I'm saying is that I see a star in a circle and my mind automatically tells me "Rangers". Maybe that's just me, though.

All four logos, however are very clean, good-looking and well-executed, and it's clear that you put effort and thought into each one. While there might be some things that can be revised, nobody could say that you rushed these or did sloppy work. Great effort, great job.

(PS- I'm working on a logo myself, and I'm trying to arch text around a circle like you have in the second group. Problem is, I can't get it to look even. The first letter will contour to the line, but each subsequent letter moves further away. How do you go about getting text to arch evenly?)

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Thanks for the feedback. I just think they need something besides that curly W to represent their franchise. I thought about doing a logo with an outline of the country, but I can't think of a way to do it and include Alaska and Hawaii without it being ridicolous.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Both of the ones on the 2nd post are good and it would be an improvement on what they have now.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

PS- I'm working on a logo myself, and I'm trying to arch text around a circle like you have in the second group. Problem is, I can't get it to look even. The first letter will contour to the line, but each subsequent letter moves further away. How do you go about getting text to arch evenly?)

I just started with the current Nationals primary and went from there, so it was already arched. I've had an interest in logos for awhile, but only recently started playing around with them, pretty much altering current logos and colors.

RIP Demitra #38

So I took some of the fellow members' suggestion of going off of the DC outline logo as a secondary patch, but I didn't like the way it looked. That led me to thinking of the DC flag and I came up with a few more ideas. The first two simply combine elements of the Nationals Park logo into the main logo (with the 2nd one using an old block M from the Senators) and the second two incorporate the DC flag, with the 4th one designed just as an alternate sleave patch.

washingtonnationalstake2-1.png

RIP Demitra #38

Archived