Madden Fantasy Team Help

MilTownMVP

I've started an 8-team sim league using Madden 04. The league is somewhat based on the AFL in that I'm focusing on markets that don't have football, and somewhat on the USFL in that I'm letting players join the league early (Maurice Clarett and Mike Williams will be in this league).

So far, here's the teams that already have names and identities:

Los Angeles Marauders

Home Stadium: LA Coliseum

Milwaukee Muskies

Home Stadium: Miller Park (I did the math... yes a football field would fit in there)

Norfolk Tritons (could change to Neptunes)

Home Stadium: Price Stadium (Norfolk State)

San Jose Shockers

Home Stadium: Spartan Stadium (San Jose State)

Now here's where I need your help... teams that don't have identities

Birmingham

Home Stadium: Legion Field (UAB)

Columbus

Home Stadium: Ohio Stadium (Ohio State)

Connecticut

Home Stadium: Yale Bowl

New York

Home Stadium: Shea Stadium

If you'd like to make a logo, it'd be appreciated, but not necessary. I'm just stuck on what to call these last four teams.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Columbus Crimsons

New York Emperors or Aces or Pilots

Conneticut Kodiaks

Brirmingham Crusaders

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

New York Emperors

I think I'm gonna roll with that. I actually thought of it right after I hit 'add,' so if someone else also came up with it, it must not be that bad.

I may use your B'ham idea too...

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Okay--you have New York--so I'll deal with the remaining 3-

Birmingham--in the CFL Birmingham was known as the Barracudas--not exactly the most appropriate name--but nice logo, and the unis were okay...(see this link)

Hey--that's the Stampeders' new coach as a Barracuda...

I used that name for a second CFL league with the US teams in it...but as far as an original name? Appalachians? Smelters? (Hey they're different and more appropriate than Barracudas!)

Columbus--I put Colombus in my CFL/US league and called them the Hammerheads--just because I found a real nice logo I could use (and there are some horrible hammerhead logos out there...) Not sure if that's what you're looking for though...

If you want something odd sounding--try--the Christophers!

:P

Connecticut-Yankees? with a nod to Mark Twain? Drawing a blank on this one--hey I'll sleep on these--I should be able to come up with something better--although if you like any of them, hey use them...

(BTW I also put Norfolk in my league as it was a city rumored to be getting a franchise-most likely a move as opposed to expansion---I called my team the Knights after consulting several web sites...I forget why that stuck out though...)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Okay--you have New York--so I'll deal with the remaining 3-

Birmingham--in the CFL Birmingham was known as the Barracudas--not exactly the most appropriate name--but nice logo, and the unis were okay...(see this link)

Hey--that's the Stampeders' new coach as a Barracuda...

I used that name for a second CFL league with the US teams in it...but as far as an original name? Appalachians? Smelters? (Hey they're different and more appropriate than Barracudas!)

Columbus--I put Colombus in my CFL/US league and called them the Hammerheads--just because I found a real nice logo I could use (and there are some horrible hammerhead logos out there...)  Not sure if that's what you're looking for though...

If you want something odd sounding--try--the Christophers!

:P

Connecticut-Yankees? with a nod to Mark Twain? Drawing a blank on this one--hey I'll sleep on these--I should be able to come up with something better--although if you like any of them, hey use them...

(BTW I also put Norfolk in my league as it was a city rumored to be getting a franchise-most likely a move as opposed to expansion---I called my team the Knights after consulting several web sites...I forget why that stuck out though...)

Gotta love those Cudas unis...

Anyway, I came up with a few names:

Birmingham

-Railers... Birmingham was one of the south's main railroad cities.

-Ironmen... Birmingham is the largest steel city in the south.

-Vulcans... I know that was their WFL team, but it's because they have a Vulcan statue overlooking the city.

BTW, anyone ever notice that any time a second football league comes alone (WFL, USFL, WLAF, CFL-USA, XFL) Birmingham always jumps at the chance of getting a team?

Columbus

-Racers... after the Racer Snake, the Ohio state reptile.

-Owls... I dunno, it just sounded good.

Can't think of anything for Connecticut though... still open to suggestion on all three.

snappers_sig.gif

Conneticut is tough, I still haven't got anything better for the others--but try these on--

Birmingham Brigade

Columbus Tall Ships

Conneticut Avenues (okay that's monopoly)

Conneticut Corsairs

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

After careful deliberation, the final United Football League allignment looks like this:

Eastern Conference

Birmingham Railers

Team Colors: Black, Silver, Smoke and White

Connecticut Bombers

Team Colors: Kelly Green, Black and Silver

New York Emporers

Team Colors: Orange, Royal Blue, Black and White

Norfolk Tritons

Team Colors: Navy, Lime and White

Western Conference

Columbus Owls

Team Colors: Burgundy, Old Gold and White

Los Angeles Marauders

Team Colors: Scarlet, Graphite and Black

Milwaukee Muskies

Team Colors: Royal Blue, Yellow-Gold, White

San Jose Shockers

Team Colors: Quebec Blue, Navy Blue, Gold and Black

snappers_sig.gif

• 1 year later...

Archived