Road to Brazil 2014

Breakwood

So remember everybody getting all pissed off at France for that "handball" that eliminated Ireland from World Cup qualifying?

Ireland is not allowed to complain anymore

Seeing that the French handball directly denied Ireland a berth in the World Cup, I'd say your "declaration" is jack-fu*kingly crazy...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USA takes down Italy in Italy 1-0 thanks to Dempsey.

I won't say it's a HUGE victory (since it was only a friendly), but it's still a pretty damn big one for the team. Also shows that the team is really starting to make strides as they prepare for the WCQ campaign. I'm mad that I missed it, but I'm still pretty excited by this result.

Friendly or not, beating Italy in Italy (in Genoa, where the Azzurri had never lost before) is massive for any team, let alone the United States.

Stopping all of those elite Serie A scorers shows just how good this US team can be. This was a huge result for the United States.

So remember everybody getting all pissed off at France for that "handball" that eliminated Ireland from World Cup qualifying?

Ireland is not allowed to complain anymore

Seeing that the French handball directly denied Ireland a berth in the World Cup, I'd say your "declaration" is jack-fu*kingly crazy...

+1.

spacer.png

Outside of Pirlo, the Italians lack of outstanding talent is second only to us. So while it's a nice win, I would say that some of the efforts against Spain or England have been bigger.

Like it or not, this is how the US has to play these games against better countries. Play for the 0-0 draw, and if you get a goal, it's gravy. It's going to be another 8-10 years before we're going to be able to start playing a skill game against the big boys... Klinnsman has this team trending in the right direction.

Archived