Ravens logo dispuit

bosox

If anyone remembers from awhile ago, a man sued the Baltimore Ravens over their logo, because he designed it and got no benefits from it. Heres an update on it from ESPN.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1803213

WASHINGTON -- The Supreme Court passed up a chance Monday to settle a multimillion-dollar dispute between an artist and the NFL over a logo for the Baltimore Ravens.

Frederick Bouchat had sued and won a jury decision, claiming the NFL stole his idea for a logo for the Ravens. But at a follow-up trial two years ago, jurors said he was not entitled to a share of the team's profits from logo merchandise. He had sought $10 million.

Bouchat's lawyer had contended the verdict against him provides "powerful and savvy market entities with a license to steal." Justices declined without comment to consider the case.

Bouchat, a security guard and amateur artist, had drawn the design of a bird and shield in 1995, before the expansion team's name or logo were chosen. The Ravens' initial logo featured outspread raven wings flanking a shield bearing the letter "B."

The attorney for the Ravens and the NFL said the logo did not boost sales of merchandise.

Whoop-de-do! All the Ravens stuff is crap anyway. That's one franchise that has a problem with their identity!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

i might be wrong here, but didn't they change from their original helemt logo to the current one because of this lawsuit? Not that it matters, i do not particurally care for any of their logos, and any time i play madden for a minute or more on franchise i move them to Vegas or somewhere, man i hate the ravens

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

Still, stealing is stealing. Whether the Ravens profited or not the Team should pay damages for stealing the man's idea.

Many of our "graphic warriors" are very worried their concepts will be misused or stolen. I know it upset them. An artist is entitled to compesation for his/her work - no questions. End of Story.

Reward the artist - quit ripping them off!!! :evil:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived