The "Suck for Luck" Campaign

rmackman

Not wishing this on the guy, but what happens if Luck gets hurt this season?

The campaign changes from 'Suck for Luck' to 'Choke for Coples' (as in North Carolina DE Quinton Coples, who is rated the 2nd best player availible for the Draft by Sporting News)

Not wishing this on the guy, but what happens if Luck gets hurt this season?

The campaign changes from 'Suck for Luck' to 'Choke for Coples' (as in North Carolina DE Quinton Coples, who is rated the 2nd best player availible for the Draft by Sporting News)

And I'd hate to be the team that was 0-16 and didn't get the #1 pick because they played tougher opponents. The Chiefs are actually in good shape here, because they can hand three of the other four winless teams a victory.

LvZYtbZ.png

I couldn't help but laugh at the title of the thread. Tanking this early in the season, though? For any team? Not a smart idea.

As a Lions fan, let me tell you that having the team tank on purpose is not a good idea. However, sometimes it is in the best long-interest of the team if they have a terrible season to get that cornerstone or building block. So from a fan's perspective I can understand it. Take the Chiefs for example: do you really think they're going on a deep playoff run after losing Eric Berry and Jamaal Charles in the first two weeks? Wouldn't it be in the best interest of the team (long-term) to have a young stud QB like Luck or Jones to groom with the young team then to win 5 or 6 meaningless games and end up with Cassell again next year or some other average QB?

You could make the case that if the Lions were mediocre these past 5 years instead of putrid, they wouldn't have their franchise cornerstones like Calvin Johnson, Matt Stafford, and Ndamukong Suh.

Archived