NBC logo now on CSN logos/site

kmccarthy27

I wonder when they roll out "NBC Sports _____" nomenclature. This would sound better to me. Also, it would normalize that weird New York situation where CSN New York has to be Sportsnet New York because Cablevision doesn't like having a Comcast-branded channel. Just "NBC Sports New York."

Maybe they can stop using freakin' Eurostile, too. No, that's not dated at all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I find it funny not all CSN sites have that yet. Of the 3 in my area only Washington had that redesign. On that site its just part of the banner and not under the logo.

I think them not renaming CSN is a wasted opportunity. NBC Sports {Region} is Perfect and then have Versus be NBC Sports USA.

I wonder when they roll out "NBC Sports _____" nomenclature. This would sound better to me. Also, it would normalize that weird New York situation where CSN New York has to be Sportsnet New York because Cablevision doesn't like having a Comcast-branded channel. Just "NBC Sports New York."

No it is just SNY because the largest owners by percent of the channel are the Mets (65%) and Time Warner (27%). NBCUniversal (Comacast) only owns 8%.

No it is just SNY because the largest owners by percent of the channel are the Mets (65%) and Time Warner (27%). NBCUniversal (Comacast) only owns 8%.

I think both are true. The mets left cablevision owned msg the same way the Yankees did. And for the first year (2002) cablevision did not carry the yes network. So I'm sure the mets wanted to avoid the sane situation and not calling it comcast sn certainly helped make a deal with cablevision to carry the network.

Having said that, I don't think they'll change to NBC sn because they are afterall the mets network and have already branded themselves pretty well in the market.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived