Buffalo may boot the Mets

Dexter Morgan

I don't see Louisville or Indy agreeing to go to the PCL willingly. Right now, they can play four game series as 2 and 2 and I think have sometimes even played one day in Indy and the next day in Louisville. Can't see them splitting up...of course it may not be up to them as we learned last week with the Astros.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

The biggest problem with Las Vegas is I don't think there's a good place for the 51's/Stars/whatever to move to. I'm not sure if there is a minor league ballpark that is AAA-worthy, but my knowledge of ballparks is somewhat shallow.

Shaw Park in Winnipeg could be expanded over night to 12000, and lord knows that town loves its baseball. Weather would be an issue, though.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The biggest problem with Las Vegas is I don't think there's a good place for the 51's/Stars/whatever to move to. I'm not sure if there is a minor league ballpark that is AAA-worthy, but my knowledge of ballparks is somewhat shallow.

It doesen't take nearly the amount of effort to build a AAA ballpark as it does an MLB stadium. There's also alot of AA stadiums out there that I'd say could be easily retrofitted to host a AAA team as either a short or long term solution. The Phillies for instance could easily flip flop their AA and AAA teams if they wanted to. You barely need to make any adjustments to FirstEnergy Stadium in Reading (at most $5 mil for a few more seats) and probably wouldn't need to make any changes to Coca-Cola Park.

to add to this, FirstEngery Park, home of the Phillies' SAL affiliate, the Lakewood Blueclaws, was built to AA standards.

Tampa Bay Everybody Loves Rays

Go 'Nova | Go Irish

I don't see Louisville or Indy agreeing to go to the PCL willingly. Right now, they can play four game series as 2 and 2 and I think have sometimes even played one day in Indy and the next day in Louisville. Can't see them splitting up...of course it may not be up to them as we learned last week with the Astros.

They just happen to be the odd team out in that scenairo.

Every indication says teams are bringing their AAA teams closer to home which is a trend I think that will continue, so who knows what might happen. As it is now the furthest team out west without a PCL team is the Twins, so its already pretty regionalized. But unless the Twins decide to bring their AAA team to Minnesota, an IL league team is going to get screwed over with traveling if in fact Vegas gets dropped which I think they will, possibly even at the end of this year. No team can take that franchise and say they are moving into a better situation.

Archived