bay area hockey...

ColeJ

oh i know you were kidding, but unfortunatly whoever reads the science books at NBC's writing department missed this fact. you think someone would have caught that

Considering the general public does not know what the Richter scale means, let alone the equation (like they know what logarithm is). I guess the writers can make something up and people will believe it.

That my fellow board members is how we get from discussing the Sharks' financial problems to the Richter Scale.

I saw, I came, I left.

LOL. I remember having a headache from a tough day at school (I was in 5th grade at the time) laying on my couch getting ready for Game 3 of the 1989 World Series. As we started to shake my mom saved the TV, I saved the fish tank. My stepdad who works in Oakland about 3 miles away where the portion of the 880 freeway collapsed was just coming into the driveway and it looked like he put hydrolics on an 1983 Dodge Colt. We were fine except for the fireplace was damaged.

Of course, my grandmother lives a block away from where the devestating fire took place that everyone saw in San Francisco's Marina District. We were worried sick and at the time no phone service was available in SF. We didn't know until 8 hours later at about 1am, that she was ok.

As for Sharks and quakes. I think everyone remembers 2 years ago in Game 6 of the '02 West Semis late in the third there was a 5.0 quake during a stoppage in play.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

As for Sharks and quakes.  I think everyone remembers 2 years ago in Game 6 of the '02 West Semis late in the third there was a 5.0 quake during a stoppage in play.

There was a stoppage in the Memorial Cup in Kelowna where there was a stoppage due to a blackout. There was lightning in the area (and I don't mean the Tampa Bay kind :D) which caused two delays late in the third period

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived