Creating Football Helmet Decals

ddub53

Does anyone out there know how football helmet decals are made? It appears the logos are printed on the backside of the decals. But that is the side of the adhesive is. So is there a separate sheet that is used to apply the adhesive. I'm very curious but can't seem to come up wi th a good conclusion. Any help is appreciated.

mizzoufb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Does anyone out there know how football helmet decals are made? It appears the logos are printed on the backside of the decals. But that is the side of the adhesive is. So is there a separate sheet that is used to apply the adhesive. I'm very curious but can't seem to come up wi th a good conclusion. Any help is appreciated.

I think it really depends on the type of logo you are talking about. For example the 49ers use vinyl decals and most, if not all teams nowadays clean and reapply decals weekly. Though, I think there are a few teams that paint the helmets, I'm not sure which ones, but possibly the rams.

Not exactly sure what you're doing wrong, or it could be a defective decal.

This might help:

Just a fYI for future reference that you might get more responses if you would have put this in either the sports logos (or sports in general) threads. No worries though. :)

Best of luck on getting the decal to stick.

I guess I should have been more specific. My real question I guess is how is the logo printed onto the vinyl. I say this because the logo is not simply printed on top of the vinyl. It appears that it is either printed on the back side the vinyl (the side with the adhesive) or another layer of vinyl is placed over the top of the printed layer.

I think it really depends on the type of logo you are talking about. For example the 49ers use vinyl decals and most, if not all teams nowadays clean and reapply decals weekly. Though, I think there are a few teams that paint the helmets, I'm not sure which ones, but possibly the rams.

Not exactly sure what you're doing wrong, or it could be a defective decal.

This might help: http://youtu.be/2YOcpomO74w

Just a fYI for future reference that you might get more responses if you would have put this in either the sports logos (or sports in general) threads. No worries though. :)

Best of luck on getting the decal to stick.

mizzoufb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Archived