France national team concept

aawagner011

I worked on this France idea I've been bouncing around in my head for a while. I've always liked how the crest looks on the "ghost" shield on their Nike kits. However, I really wanted to draw even more attention to the crest. So I've made the shield red to give it a little pop of color. I've gone retro inspired and taken the stripes that have appeared on the chest of a couple of their old adidas kits and used the same striping on the sleeves and socks. No shorts embellishments to take the focus away from the crest and stripes. Those are the two elements that I really wanted to focus on.

v7v35.png

The player name in red seems strange to me. It's hard to read if in game, and impossible in a rainy day. Don't like the white in socks. I believe if you use only blue stripe will fit better. And there are so many possibilities to use the stripes on jersey, But in Sleeves I haven't liked.

I worked on this France idea I've been bouncing around in my head for a while. I've always liked how the crest looks on the "ghost" shield on their Nike kits. However, I really wanted to draw even more attention to the crest. So I've made the shield red to give it a little pop of color. I've gone retro inspired and taken the stripes that have appeared on the chest of a couple of their old adidas kits and used the same striping on the sleeves and socks. No shorts embellishments to take the focus away from the crest and stripes. Those are the two elements that I really wanted to focus on.

v7v35.png

I think, with a Nike kit, you should avoid any series of small, parallel stripes... I looked at it and immediately thought Adidas. I know it's not three stripes, it looks like maybe four blue and five white, but it's close enough. I seriously doubt that Nike would try to reach back to an old Adidas kit for design inspiration, especially one that is fairly recent.

If you want a retro look, I think solid tri-color stripes on the sleeves would work. Thick bleu-blanc-rouge stripes on the cuffs would look retro in a general way. Or, if you made it an Adidas kit (even though they've switched to Nike), it would work better. The socks are a tough place to include the three color stripes, but maybe it would work with just two solid stripes.

I agree that the red NOB would be tough to read, but the number is more important in the big picture (literally), so it could work with white letters and red text. It depends on how bright that red really would be when the shirt is made.

On the whole, though, I dig the simplicity of the kit. I hate national kits that look all bizarre and convoluted, I think simple, clean, classic looks for national teams are perfect. France has been a huge violator of this principle, IMHO, so I like where you're head's at with this one.

Bon travail!

Grunge-Logos.png

Archived