Seattle Mariners: A modern classic

BJ Sands

This should be their navy alt again:

108872a_lg.jpeg

I believe that jersey is actually black. That, or it was purposely made in a much, much darker navy than the other Mariners alts. I remember seeing them wearing that on TV, and the jersey was much darker than the dark navy cap they wear. Normally, teams with the dark navy cap have navy jerseys which are slightly lighter than the cap. Hell, on this jersey, the navy outline even seems to be a different shade than the jersey.

Does anyone have this jersey or has seen it close up to confirm if it is navy or black?

It's a very dark navy otherwise known as "Astro navy," after the Astros' dark navy alts from the '90s. That jersey would look great as the road alt, much better than the current sans-piping jersey with the uni number below the script and the crazy number font.

Sidenotes about the M's so far this year: was disappointed not to see them in teal for the home opener Friday night (those are still being worn for all Monday and Friday home games, right?) I'm also excited to see the teal bills back in action, and if they could wear those even just a few times with the regular home whites, I would be one happy camper.

One last thought, I wonder if I am in the minority here: I would also love to see the silver bill w/compass alternate caps brought back in some capacity, I always liked them.

I think it's best to not wear alternates for home openers. I'm sure they'll get it next Friday.

As for the compass cap, I love that cap. But it just doesn't fit well with what the M's wear now. There's less emphasis on silver it appears and more back on the teal, which makes the teal bill cap perfect for now

Go A's!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived