First NFL Team to Wear a Sleeve Logo

BlueSky

Would you consider the star on the Dallas Cowboys' jerseys, 1960-64, logoish or simply a geometric pattern?

Obviously not the first logo on a sleeve, but an interesting question.

I don't think the old NFL Dallas Texans actually wore that patch on game jerseys, but I could be wrong.

FsQiF2W.png

Didn't the Chicago Cardinals wear a double C sleeve logo at one point?

They did. It wasn't placed up near the tricep like we normally think of a 'sleeve logo' being (down lower by the forearm), but a sleeve logo is a sleeve logo, and I think that's the new leader for earliest example of one.

It was worn in 1921 for sure, possibly earlier.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Those Falcons throwbacks are waaaaay overrated. Hard to top these, IMO:

atlanta-falcons-scott-campbell-384-topps-nfl-1988-american-football-card-23909-p.jpg

Yup. I remember being excited by the switch to black when I was younger, but looking back, these were so underrated. Although I suppose you could argue that, from a branding perspective, they're too much like the Bulldogs (red shell, red jersey, grey pants).

Logos and stripes don't work well together IMO. Like the Packers when they had the G and the stripes...naw.

I think they can work (see: Cowboys blues), but many times they don't (see: early 90s Cardinals). I'm sort of on the fence about these, but given how good the rest of the uniform looks, I can live with 'em.

Archived