Military Australian Football

Discrim

For a few years now, I've been meaning to put together a set of Aussie rules concepts for the military academies, but never got around to it. Actually, I still haven't. Decided to go with the military proper, though since I intend to represent various militaries from across the world in this thread, I figured I'd hold myself to a few ground rules: avoid using national flags as inspiration, aside from aviation roundels or any flags the branch in question uses, no rank insignia, and no camouflage.

First past the starting line, the US Coast Guard

militaryafluscg.png

One thing I figured, the Coast Guard lent itself well to the footy. Their ships' distinct livery inspired a modified sash variant on the home jumper, and the stripes of both shorts take their cue from the livery as well. The CG Ensign, itself a descendant of the Revenue Cutter ensign, was what I based the clash jumper on.

I'll be honest, I won't be all that consistent in posting in this thread, at least for the rest of the week, as I plan to start posting College to Pro sets this weekend, though the Royal Air Force will be the next one posted in the series. And yes, for those who've seen my footy ish before, I decided to make a few alterations to my template. Granted, I'm generally like Millwall when it comes to my temps, few like them, I generally don't care, but I figured it was a good time to try it out. That said, your two rusted Lincolns are welcome.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived