Phillies Concept

BigRed618

Let me make this perfectly clear, I'm not presenting this concept with the idea that my design is an improvement on the Phils' current look. This is just some experimental ideas I'm trying out...

phiunis.png

For their colors, I went with a candy-apple-like red, not quite red, not quite maroon. I always wondered how a uniform with pinstripes would look if the stripes were horizontal, and that lead to the idea for the home jersey. I also noticed, especially in the latter part of the 20th century, that every couple decades or so the team would switch to a drastically different font, so that left me wondering what their next "P" would look like. I came up with this font I found online called Metroplex. I feel it has a professional look while still retaining the fun jauntiness that made the 70s/80s "P" so famous. I also made two versions of the road uni, grey and blue. I'd like to hear from you which looks better. C&C appreciated, as always.

Besides the fact that fat pig Joe Blanton would look even more out of shape and vomit-inducing in horizontal stripes, you'd need to make those jerseys pullovers, or the pinstripes would be broken by the button placket.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Put the baby blue underline for the home unis and for the alternates go with a different hat. I kinda dig this look. The horizontal pin stripes could take getting used to but maybe if they were a tad thicker it would be better

I didn't make an alternate. That powder blue set is another version of the road uni. I couldn't decide whether to make them gray or blue so I made both. Which do you think looks better?

Archived