Bobcats Concept

patsox

So, as I'm sure many of you have been tempted to do lately, I'm going to start working on a Bobcats recolor/rebrand concept. I'm going to start working on logos/uniforms very soon, but I'm just going to post this, a little preview of the color scheme, before I go to work. Hopefully I'll get started on the uniforms when I get back. Stay tuned.

-Patsox

BobcatsConcept.png

Any questions, comments, suggestions, critiques, anything...obviously you're welcome to give them to me.

edit: actually i'm hoping i'll have the focus to do a slew of nba concepts over the next couple summer months. im looking forward to it; i hope you are too.

edit part deux: im also aiming to truly wow you with this/these one(s). i think ive changed a ton as a person and an artist over the past year and a half or so, due to a lot of things in my life that have occured. we'll see. hopefully youll be impressed.

That's a bold and vivid logo, I like it. The background is intriging, it looks like highly polished bathroom tile (this is not a slam, just an observation).

FsQiF2W.png

I like the color scheme much better than their new one but I have always disliked their logo. After last season, in my opinion, they need a complete overhaul. Even the name. I hate that they were named after an egotistical owner. Just my 2 cents. I look forward to your concept though.

Is that where the name Bobcats came from? I remember there was like a list narrowed down to Bobcats, Flight, and Dragons, I preferred Dragons myself since Charlotte has several minor-league-level teams with royal/mediaeval names.

rATMcmK.png

Is that where the name Bobcats came from? I remember there was like a list narrowed down to Bobcats, Flight, and Dragons, I preferred Dragons myself since Charlotte has several minor-league-level teams with royal/mediaeval names.

There was speculation that then owner Bob Johnson had something to do with the name choice. But I've heard the fans got to vote as well... I'm not 100% sure how it went down but it seems fishy.

Apparently, the new owner of the New Orleans Hornets is dead set on re-naming the team. In that case the 'Hornets' name would be available again. Not being from the area, I'm not sure if that's something they would want though.

Archived