Brampton United FC Crest Redesign

MarkEightThree

I've only recently started visiting this forum even though I've been visiting CCSL for years and I honestly wish I had found it sooner. I love seeing the concepts everyone's been coming up with and I'm now considering scouring the local Value Villages for retro soccer jerseys after going the idea from a thread here :)

This a crest that I've modified for my local soccer club, let me know what you guys think. Original can be seen here: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=8hw3om7b1exp4hgpmr3mo2ziy

tumblr_m4qyrhorDc1qe7z0uo1_r2_1280.jpg

This crest was unofficially created for Brampton United FC of the Canadian Soccer League, the third division of the Canadian football pyramid. Their original logo is a text-heavy version of the Manchester United FC crest with a heraldic lion in place of the Red Devil.

For this slight redesign I added the Brampton Flower City logo to the orbs on the left and right of the logo. The ‘City’ in the middle of the crest was replaced with a script ‘Football Club’ wording since having both 'City' and 'United' in the club's name is a bit redundant. Finally, I changed the original blue and yellow color scheme to a simpler blue-on-blue theme. The lion from the original crest was left in place since I think it’s a great homage to the club’s original moniker, the Metro Lions.

The anniversary wreath was added later on to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the club’s existence, from 2002-12. In the tumultuous wild west that is Canadian soccer’s third division, a tenth anniversary is a worthy cause for celebration.

The single floral-style star beneath the ‘ten year’ wording is a nod to the club’s single championship win in 2006, when they were known as the Oakville Blue Devils SC.

The crest is set on a photo taken by myself at the George Street and Queen Street intersection in Brampton, Ontario. City Hall can be seen in the background and on the right side of the image is the construction site for Brampton’s new $300 million Civic Centre, scheduled to be complete by 2014.

Here's a look at a slightly different version of the crest in FIFA12, before I updated the orbs on the sides and changed the Football Club font.

JkkfH.jpg

Hey man, great job on fixing up the mess that currently is Brampton City United's crest. Now all we need is to get a less confusing name, lol!

I love the inclusion of Zum as the jersey sponsor too. Nice touch!

Do you get out to a lot of the games?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Hey man, great job on fixing up the mess that currently is Brampton City United's crest. Now all we need is to get a less confusing name, lol!

Thanks, I've come to terms with the original crest using the Man United template but not with how boring it was lol. I just think it should have some connection to the Brampton community at least.

I haven't been able to make it to a game this year but I've been to a handful over the last couple of years. Victoria Park is one of the nicer fields I've been to and it's great to have a local club down the road to support. They just need to work on their marketing and branding to grow awareness of the club. Have you been to any games recently?

Thanks, I've come to terms with the original crest using the Man United template but not with how boring it was lol. I just think it should have some connection to the Brampton community at least.

I haven't been able to make it to a game this year but I've been to a handful over the last couple of years. Victoria Park is one of the nicer fields I've been to and it's great to have a local club down the road to support. They just need to work on their marketing and branding to grow awareness of the club. Have you been to any games recently?

Man, you are so right, this team does need more marketing! Badly.

I have got out to one game so far this season, got out to a bunch over the past 2 years, going back to their last season as Brampton Lions FC. It's not the best soccer, clearly, but I love the stadium and I love having a team in my backyard to go see. It's so much fun, especially for the price.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived