Help with perspective

Hurricane1183

I'm not very good at shading logos, but am pretty decent at drawing, and my only suggestion would simply be giving it some depth on the left back side and perhaps not curving the handle as much (or at all) at the bottom. I think that along with your current perspective of the hammer would look fine.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

Best advice I can give would be to either google isometric grid and use one of them to help you but they're gonna make things look a little twisted just by the nature of how they work. Better suggestion would be see if you can find a book on comic illustration (draw comics the marvel way, being an oldie but goldie!) as they will have detailed chapters on one, two, and even three point perspective drawing which will teach you everything you need to know. I could try and explain some of the basics here but it would take forever, not be as accurate as I haven't done it in years and probably really tricky to follow without illustrations.

It's not a quick fix, but then the best ones never are. It might take a bit of time, but you'll end up with a skill you can use forever and books such as the Marvel one are really great for helping you design character based logos as well as they show you how to express emotion and simplify the human head which is what you need to be able to do to create killer logos.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived