Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins' jerseys

gosioux76

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before. But I was watching a bit of the AHL playoffs on TV tonight between the Milwaukee Admirals and the Wilkes-Barry Scranton Penguins. The Baby Pens were wearing black jerseys with their fifth anniversary logo as the main crest.

I thought it was odd that a team would use an anniversary patch as the main crest. Has any one else done this?

5th-year-Small.gifFifth-Season-Wallpaper.gif

Lowell LockMonsters did last year (5-year 1998-2003), I have one of them. The Worcester IceCats wore their 10th anniversary jerseys a few times last year (once against Lowell when Lowell wore St. Pat's Day jerseys). Worcester took the cat head from that logo and now it's their new logo (see the website). I'm pretty sure the Saint John Flames wore 5th or 10th anniversary jerseys. I think the Hartford WolfPack had 5th or 10th year ones as well.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

So it's not that unusual then. I guess i just don't watch enough minor league hockey to notice.

Thanks for the info jpslapshot.

I could understand them using them as a promotional item to sell to fans, but i do think it's kinda funny to wear them on the ice.

The Baby Pens have typically worn white at home against playoff opponents with their consent. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton fans had been coming to the games dressed in white to create a "white-out" effect.

Milwaukee opted not to allow the Pens to wear white on home ice. The Penguins are down 3-0 in the Calder Cup Finals, losing two games at home wearing the black jerseys.

Archived