Open Contest Idea - Want some input

Artisan219

I haven't been on the forum much lately, as my fiancee and I are trying to move before the baby comes. But in any case, I've been toying around with looking at NHL and NBA expansion and in the process of trying to come up with an NBA shield logo, I stumbled upon this article and it gave me an idea. The article is very short, but the meat of it is as follows:

For some reason, NBA teams insist on putting basketballs in their logos. Sports logos aren't supposed to be works of art, but in the NBA, it seems the designers are unimaginative?or taking their jobs too literally. Two-thirds of NBA team logos (20 of 30) include the image of a basketball. It's as if they're worried you'll forget which sport you're watching.

So my idea is straight-forward enough: Make new logos for the 20 teams that use a basketball in their logo. Those teams are as follows:

• Atlanta
  • Boston
  • Brooklyn
  • Cleveland
  • Dallas
  • Detroit
  • Indianapolis
  • Los Angeles (both the Lakers and the Clippers)
  • Miami
  • New Orleans
  • New York
  • Oklahoma City
  • Orlando
  • Philadelphia
  • Phoenix
  • Sacramento
  • Salt Lake City
  • Toronto
  • Washington, DC

I've never proposed a contest before, so I don't know the proper channels, and this is less a contest per se as it is just an open invitation for NBA concepts. The simple rule here is obviously that the new logos cannot in any way feature a basketball.

having ran some ccslc contests before i reccomend either a knock-out tournament or a group style where its everyman for themselves but the most important thing is let the whole ccslc vote and deside a winner

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

I wouldnt necessarily do a contest, I would do a similar thing to the NHL what if thread; although that didn't turn out that well, just a whoever want to do whatever concept can and post it here ( an then maybe if you really want it to be a contest just have voting after)

I haven't been on the forum much lately, as my fiancee and I are trying to move before the baby comes. But in any case, I've been toying around with looking at NHL and NBA expansion and in the process of trying to come up with an NBA shield logo, I stumbled upon this article and it gave me an idea. The article is very short, but the meat of it is as follows:

For some reason, NBA teams insist on putting basketballs in their logos. Sports logos aren't supposed to be works of art, but in the NBA, it seems the designers are unimaginative?or taking their jobs too literally. Two-thirds of NBA team logos (20 of 30) include the image of a basketball. It's as if they're worried you'll forget which sport you're watching.

So my idea is straight-forward enough: Make new logos for the 20 teams that use a basketball in their logo. Those teams are as follows:

• Indianapolis

I've never proposed a contest before, so I don't know the proper channels, and this is less a contest per se as it is just an open invitation for NBA concepts. The simple rule here is obviously that the new logos cannot in any way feature a basketball.

That's Indiana. Sorry, I grew up there, and you wouldn't believe the number of sports "writers" who refer to the Indiana Colts and the Indianapolis Pacers....

rATMcmK.png

Lol, I didn't say they were the Indianapolis Pacers, I just said Indianapolis. I listed teams by city is all. You'll notice I listed Salt Lake instead of Utah, too.

To be honest, since you mention it, I think Indiana Colts has a better ring to it anyway, but that's just me.

Also, unrelated to the contest proposal, I am curious which markets would be most deserving of an NBA team. My idea was to take the NBA from 30 teams to 36; simply adding a new franchise to each division. If you have a market you want to see with an NBA franchise, send me a PM.

Archived