Grim Grinning Ghosts (FF Team Concept)

Crash

The primary, wordmark, and home and away uniforms:

GrimGrinningGhosts2.png

Team colors are Midnight Purple, Ghastly Green, and Bloodless Blue (if NFL teams can give their team colors silly names, so can I). There is no white on either uniform. Instead, I've used a light, nearly white, shade of the blue, which prevents the brightness of the white from killing (no pun intended) the look. Simply put, white just didn't look right.

And yes, the team is named after the song in Disney's Haunted Mansion (and the song title is itself a reference to good ol' Billy Shakes) and the logo is meant to be reminiscent of Ezra, the middle Hitchhiking Ghost.

GGG_Helmet-1.png

Now I just have to hope Arian Foster stays healthy.

Thanks to Fraser Davidson for creating and making available the uniform and helmet templates.

ummmmmmm, THIS IS AWESOME.

i'd love to see you work all three of the hitchhiking ghosts into a secondary logo. maybe as a silhouette?

Thanks! The secondary I'm working on right now echoes the primary, but unfortunately leaves Gus and Phineas out. I just can't figure out how to get all three into a cohesive logo without it becoming hideously complex and misshapen as a logo. The silhouette idea may work, however.

I also would like to point out what I'm most proud of in the whole set: Completely consistent striping. Whether it's on purple or (almost white) or green, the striping pattern is ALWAYS the same across the set. The belts even echo said striping. I'm also proud of the fact that there is only one tiny place on the entire set where the blue and green touch, and that's the belt for the home set.

And, yes, I realize I put the stripes on the almost non-existent sleeves of the jersey, rather than the much more popular Pro Combat idea of putting them on the undershirt. The idea is that the imaginary fans of my imaginary team won't want to buy an imaginary jersey if it isn't sufficiently recognizable and complex and that said imaginary fans won't be buying the imaginary undershirts at all. So the undershirts are relegated to an optional and non-essential color block pattern wherein it adds to the look if you're wearing them, but doesn't detract if you're not.

Oh my :censored:!

Disney + Football + Concept = Eye-gasm

These look awesome!

Thanks!

This is awesome. I'm a huge Disney fan and my favorite attraction is the Haunted Mansion.

You should do a whole Disney Parks league.

Thanks! The Mansion is my favorite, too. Last time I was in WDW, I managed to ride it 24 times because the lines were so short every time we walked by. And since "ghostly chills" means aggressive air conditioning, it was absolutely always worth it.

Right now I'm swamped with outfitting my fantasy league, coming up with concepts for teams like The Scumbag Steves, but it would be great to do a full Disney parks league. The Ne'er-Do-Well Cads are definitely in. Any suggestions?

Oh my :censored:!

Disney + Football + Concept = Eye-gasm

These look awesome!

Thanks!

This is awesome. I'm a huge Disney fan and my favorite attraction is the Haunted Mansion.

Thanks! The Mansion is my favorite, too. Last time I was in WDW, I managed to ride it 24 times because the lines were so short every time we walked by. And since "ghostly chills" means aggressive air conditioning, it was absolutely always worth it.

Right now I'm swamped with outfitting my fantasy league, coming up with concepts for teams like The Scumbag Steves, but it would be great to do a full Disney parks league. The Ne'er-Do-Well Cads are definitely in. Any suggestions?

seconded!

the briar patch bullies? with brer bear and fox as the mascots? definitely something for pirates (as long as it's pre-jack sparrow-inspired). maybe something based of the electrical water pageant that references the seven seas lagoon and/or bay lake? could make for a great series!

sig2024.png

Do I spy a glow-in-the-dark facemask?

Realistically, they probably wouldn't be glow-in-the-dark, since there's no setting, really, where you're looking at a football helmet in the dark. However, the shade of green is meant to evoke the glow-in-the-dark look and feel, especially when set against the purple. It's meant to seem glow-in-the-dark in the light.

seconded!

the briar patch bullies? with brer bear and fox as the mascots? definitely something for pirates (as long as it's pre-jack sparrow-inspired). maybe something based of the electrical water pageant that references the seven seas lagoon and/or bay lake? could make for a great series!

Hmm...yes. This will happen. Disney Parks League.

Archived