Series of Fantasy Logos

lenardo

Greetings CCSLC! It has been much too long since I have participated in board activities due to a busy schedule and a plethora of computer problems. Before the summer ended (right before my computer crashed), I was charged with the task of creating 6 out of the 10 team logos in our league in 2 days before the draft. Unfortunatly this did not provide me with much time to create refined logos. This was also the first time i had completed any sort of logo on illustrater, so they are pretty rough. I'm just posting the logos to actually get some C&C on them from the most knowledgable logo people I know of. So here they are (in a very rough presentation). Let me know what y'all think!

Teams: Flying Clutchmen, Wimbourne Wasps, Serbian Frosty Butchers, Mud Hot Lions, Scranton Stranglers (yes, completely based off of the Office). 6th team is not shown because it is essentially just the Space Jam "Tune Squad" logo.

alllogos.png

maehl.png

Wasps is very clever, and I like its retro styling. The linework in the Stranglers feels a bit too thin. I half-expect a fish skeleton inside the skull's mouth, but maybe I'm missing some reference. I do not understand at all what is going on with the big shovel or whatever it is in the lion's mouth.

rATMcmK.png

Thanks for the comments! The reason the skull is holding a normal fish is that it is based off the Calcutta Fishing logo. The Clutchmen is the team I own and I wanted their logo to be classy, yet primitive at the same time. The reason the strangler's lines are so thin is that it was requested to be a Green and yellow version of this: http://ih2.redbubble.net/image.9129574.4783/sticker,375x360.png

The Lions logo is supposed to look like a lion rising out of a mud puddle. My friend came up with Mud Hot Lions randomly before the draft. Nobody really knew what a mud hot lion is, so I took some liberties there. Would love to get some more C&C!

maehl.png

Archived