Minnesota Vikings Logo Concept

rtrich11

I did this logo quite some time ago, but never posted it on here. Now that we know, or think we know, that an update to the Vikings is coming up, I thought I’d show it before it got compared with the new one somehow as derivative, etc. This logo is a reaction to what they have now.

I was trying to do a number of things with this concept: Created something less vertical, put more purple in it, use the horn from the current helmet, make it more bold, and hopefully get it tougher. Even after all that I still kept him blonde, but darkened his mustache and added a beard.

And the braids… All they did was clutter the image, as they do now. They didn’t help, so I cut them off.

Vikings_Richards.jpg

Jared Allen makes a great Viking logo indeed.

Good work.

87Redskins.png

Like I mentioned, I haven't had time to mess with the logo, but I can share the wordmark that I had done previously.

I wanted to do something neater/cleaner than what they have now, but retain the beautiful "V"

Vikings_Richards_wordmark.jpg

Haha, it does look like Jared Allen. I like the wordmark. Would it be outlined in gold if/when you were to make uniforms?

spacer.png

Archived