Louisiana Pelicans Football Realistic Logo VERSION 4

St Louis Cardinals

Have a couple updates for you guys. i updated the outline and i added one with blue strokes as seen in the target pelican

ScreenShot2013-01-13at94125PM_zps806aabfd.pngScreenShot2013-01-13at94118PM_zps4c89cf56.png

Right now you've created an illustration or clip art of a Pelican. Sorry if that comes across as harsh it's not meant to, it's just how it is. When designing a logo you have to keep certain things in mind, and the most important of those is colour. Every team, or company/business that you design for (even if it's just for fun) will have corporate colours. Usually these will number no more than 3 plus white, and at a push black. If black is included chances are you'll only have two colours to work with. And no you can't tint or shade your colours to extend your pallette. They need to be used as is.

Having had a quick look at the previous versions you've done, and seen the colours used I'd suggest sticking with Orange Blue and White, and working ONLY with those colours. I'd probably go with the Blue for the overall silhouette (or background shape) use the White for highlights (in this case the feathered areas) and the Orange to pickout shadiing on the body and give it some contrast. You may want to do it differently and that's cool, but until you can produce the image with such a limited colour pallette you wont have a true logo because teams are represented by their colours, and you wont have the option to add in extras just to make a logo work. You have to make YOUR design work with THEIR colours.

Hope that helps.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

the problem with cutting out just the head is that the head and neck are so slim that it just doesn't look right on the uniform, as a logo, or anything. and thanks for the help 9erssteve. i tried what you were siggesting but i found out that the shadowing just doesn't work as good if it is a true color instead of a shadow. If i erase the blue lines on the pelican then the logo will have only three colors (im probably just gonna erase the log), but the uniform will have blue included.

also, im might come up with an update because i feel the feet are what's bringing the lower portion of the body down. what do you guys think?

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

thanks for the help 9erssteve. i tried what you were siggesting but i found out that the shadowing just doesn't work as good if it is a true color instead of a shadow.

Dont take this the wrong way, but if it's not working it's your job as the designer to find a solution. Look at examples of other logos and see how designers have tackled the same issues you're having. Believe me when I say it can and has been done before... it really doesn't matter what your design problem is 99.95% of them have all been encountered and solved before you or I have ever experienced them.

Check out the Bees logo posted in this thread and imagine the black as your Blue and see how you could use white and orange to make it colour then apply the same priciples to your design and that should solve your issue.

As a general rule of thumb, all colours in the uniform should appear in the logo. So if your teams jersey's are blue that would be the team's primary colour and should be the major colour in the logo.

Hope that helps

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

ScreenShot2013-01-16at34351PM_zps0cbc3bca.png

I think if I do this, i'm gonna have to change the color scheme. the colors just pop to much. Maybe brown, green, and gold. I don't know, just a thought

Honestly I dont think you're far away with this at all. But you need to think about where you're positioning your colours. Blue is clearly the darkest colour you have in your pallette. and as such it should be used for outlining and shading. You've got a white (seems cream on my screen, not sure if that's intentional. If so make it slightly more noticably cream) use that for the highlights. So essentially all you need to do is flip the two colours in your current design and you're almost there.

Loose the balck, you dont need it. Everything in the logo that's black can be achieved just as well using the blue. I'd drop the second orange used to shade the bill, it's just adding an extra colour to your pallette that you just dont need. I'd take the outline you have in orange, at least double the thickness of it and make it blue and put a thinner orange outline around that. Then I'd place your original version, the version you've just completed and the Bees logo from this thread together on a page and see how they all compare. Only by studying how other sports logos are created will you learn the styles and aesthetics of sports designs, but you've come on leaps and bounds with this one since the original post. You should be really proud.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived