Trikes (Triceratops) Football

rtrich11

I did this logo to see if I could get a triceratops to look good in a sports application. Wanting to do more with it I created the whole uniform set. The look is fairly simple because I didn't want too many competing elements. It may need "something," though.

The font and numbers are custom.

This is a great uniform template I borrowed here. Yes, the arms look funny as I converted the colored sleeves to skin tone since that's the look most players sport.

Trikes-Uniforms.jpg

I love the logo, but I have some issues with the type. It all feels a little top heavy because the lower serifs have been champhered off, while the upper ones remain whole. Personally I'd look at swapping that round and cutting the top ones while leaving the bottom ones whole to give the font a solid stable base to build from.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Guest darkpiranha

I really like the logo, but when I first glance at it each time, my eyes have to adjust, because instead of seeing a white triceratops over a red shield, I'm seeing red squiggly lines and splotches over a white shield. Is there a way you can separate the border of the shield from the triceratops somehow?

I really like the logo, but when I first glance at it each time, my eyes have to adjust, because instead of seeing a white triceratops over a red shield, I'm seeing red squiggly lines and splotches over a white shield. Is there a way you can separate the border of the shield from the triceratops somehow?

Mate I think you need to get your eyes tested... asap! :P;)

With that being said, having had another look at the logo it might be a good idea to put a small split on both sides of the top horn just to make it distinct from the top of the shield. Other than that I reckon it's about as strong a one colour logo as I've seen for a sports team.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

• 5 months later...

Archived