What do you think of this take on the Irish

werbear

So I have been looking at logos around the web and have noticed that any logos having to do with Irish mascots tend to be shamrock oriented in the US, but the harp is extremely prevalent in Ireland and in early Irish immigrant organizations, look at the Irish Brigade flag. So I wanted to create some Irish concepts that have a harpcentric theme.

I'm sure there will be people very against this idea. I'm not one of them. I think the trinity knot is overused as of late with Irish heritage, but maybe that's because I went to an Irish Catholic university. I like the harp idea, it's underused in modern stuff but has a ton of history.

My problem here, is that this is Notre Dame. Did you see the backlash on the 2/3 helmet they had this year? these gigantic logos on the helmet, the golden dome that they hold so sacred, is a problem. Too modern for a storied history. I think a golden harp on the sleeves of a blue jersey would be pretty sweet. Something worth toying with.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Yeah, I think that Harp on the sleeves would look pretty good. Maybe for a later post here. I can also see what you mean by the over doing it with the knot. I just am not really a fan of the large one sided logo, like Boise State's. That being said I created one anyway... I completely agree with you on the 2/3 helmet of Notre Dame. I don't mind the idea of schools with great traditional uniforms going modern for one game, just for one game though, but Notre Dame really needed to choose one side or the other and not try to have their cake and eat it too. I think that particular helmet design suffered from the lack of a stripe to evenly divide the sides. Thanks for the great feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived