My houston astros uniform concept

IronChefShark

Here's my Astros idea from my yet-uncompleted concepts site...

Copy/Paste

I appreciate the idea you're setting up in these, but I'm not sold on those shoulder stripes. To me, it makes them all look like batting practice jerseys.  The hats are a little plain, too...

I long for a return to the blue & orange...hopefully one day Houston's ownership will see the light...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Shark's idea is great, although I prefer my Astros' Primary Logo Concept to Shark's alternate (shameless plug, sorry). Still great, and cool that Pantone's mentioning it to the higher-ups he has access to. (I think Shark's primary has a wee bit too much white space, but I know he doesn't like suggestions all that much, so I'll just keep it to myself. ecaps etihw hcum oot tib eew a sah yramirp s'krahS kniht I... there I unsaid it. :))

jonkj's aren't bad (some good production work), but I just think it's far too plain. The colour scheme the Astros use now is 10 times better than the blue and orange. Why is it that so many people want to change the Padre's back to brown from blue and orange, and yet want the Astros to go to the blue and orange? ???

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Why is it that so many people want to change the Padre's back to brown from blue and orange, and yet want the Astros to go to the blue and orange? ???

Because it's much easier to make navy blue and orange look good than it is making the colors of solid and liquid excrement look good :P

QPR%20Sig.png

Why is it that so many people want to change the Padre's back to brown from blue and orange, and yet want the Astros to go to the blue and orange? ???

Because it's much easier to make navy blue and orange look good than it is making the colors of solid and liquid excrement look good :P

For me, those colors represent the Astros' (and Padres') heydays, the colors of my youth.  I still remember Steve Fu*king Garvey knocking the Cubs out of contention in '84 wearing those ugly-ass hotdog colored Padre jerseys...and I remember being in the Astrodome, watching JR Richard get smoked by Mike Schmidt for a 2-run 'tater (missed the speakers near the roof...but not by much).

Keep in mind that not all my youthful memories of baseball uniforms are good ones.  The Giants and O's in traffic-cone orange jerseys should never happen again.  Pullovers should be banned from the bigs.  The ChiSox should never use the jetplane-tail "SOX" logo again.

So there. :P

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived