Texas-Dallas Universtiy Athletics

WFite67

My buddy and I created a fake college a few years back. We have been trying to develop a full athletic identity. I'll upload their different sports uniforms as we work on them.Without further adieu I give you the Texas-Dallas Spartans

TDU_zps0aedefc0.png

Not bad, but are you aware that there is an actual University of Texas-Dallas? Switch the D and U on the logo and swap out the blue for dark green and this could easily be for them.

I'm not gonna go into details with the logos/name, but...

On the back, the collar piping bends down way to much. If you use the piping that came on the template, it will be accurate and look better. The back numbers a a little high. You couldn't fit a name there (even if you weren't planning in putting one there). Finally, make the orange under the stirrups white (that's how they were worn, and it makes the colors stand out more.

spacer.png

Not bad, but are you aware that there is an actual University of Texas-Dallas? Switch the D and U on the logo and swap out the blue for dark green and this could easily be for them.

Plus blue/orange are more thought of as UT-Arlington around here.

Yes, I do know there is a University of Texas-Dallas. The name is kinda making fun of how there is Texas-Arlington, Texas-San Antonio, Texas-El Paso,etc. and how they are all Blue and orange. It is like they ran out of ideas for university names and just flipped one around.

Yes, I do know there is a University of Texas-Dallas. The name is kinda making fun of how there is Texas-Arlington, Texas-San Antonio, Texas-El Paso,etc. and how they are all Blue and orange. It is like they ran out of ideas for university names and just flipped one around.

That was a trend in the 50s and 60s for major state universities to expand their brand (and by extension, their political power) by absorbing every smaller state college under their umbrella. I go to a school like that (UW-Milwaukee) and think standardized naming conventions suck because they cause pointless confusion (don't get me started on all the people who've thought I'm a Badger). If it were up to me, the schools you named would be the University of Arlington, University of San Antonio, and University of El Paso, respectively (and my school would be the University of Milwaukee).

Texas-Arlington, for example, is known as UTA.... University of Texas-Dallas is UTD...

also, you're just using a recolored dallas stars script. and that's boring.

but the biggest complaint is just how awful it looks having the L's bleed into the piping like that. reads as DA AS from any distance at all.

Archived