Rugby Union of Texas - ARU Feeder- Final Wrap

GotPixels

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really love what you're doing. Especially enjoy the mix of traditional and way out there looks and the way you incorporate sponsors into the uniform style.

I do have one question, to show my ignorance, the way I understand it F.C in team names stand for football club. Especially in Europe. Is there a reason for the RFC team name? Wouldn't it just be R.C.? for Rugby Club.

Really love what you're doing. Especially enjoy the mix of traditional and way out there looks and the way you incorporate sponsors into the uniform style.

I do have one question, to show my ignorance, the way I understand it F.C in team names stand for football club. Especially in Europe. Is there a reason for the RFC team name? Wouldn't it just be R.C.? for Rugby Club.

Some teams use RC, but remember that rugby is a form of football, so RFC (rugby football club) is used with higher frequency.

sport-scarf_devils_zps117fda40.png

Guest darkpiranha

Attack of the Clones

DP, this is for you.

whookie.jpg

Thank you. But you realized you just created the first of what will need to be a full Star Wars league. I expect a Greedo kit by the morning.

BTW, the sublimated Aluminum Falcon schematic is the perfect touch.

Thank you. But you realized you just created the first of what will need to be a full Star Wars league. I expect a Greedo kit by the morning.

BTW, the sublimated Aluminum Falcon schematic is the perfect touch.

Funny thing is, I have thought about doing one.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Guest darkpiranha

Well, in my massive dice league I was telling you about, I DO have a bunch of Star Wars teams already among the (at current count) 600+ teams. In fact, ironically, the Wookiees just got relegated out of the major leagues and into the League of Exiles where they hope to make a return one day.

I'm winding down the final few teams for the 2013 Union.

The work has already begun for the 2014 Union expansion year. Originally I had planned to expand by two. After more research, I decided to take a balanced schedule approach.

The Union will go from ten to eighteen clubs in 2014. There will be three pools with six clubs grouped geographically.

A couple have already been partially revealed. Here are the eight clubs joining the Union.

Amarillo Rugby Union

Ozarks RFC

Wichita Pilots RFC

Queen City Rugby Union (Springfield, Missouri)

Identities yet to be determined.

Ft. Worth

Shreveport

Tulsa

Waco

Ft. Worth is next up for an identity. Here are the choices based on feedback.

Cowtown RFC

Cowtown Herd RFC

Cowtown United Rugby

Panther City Elite RFC

Panther City Rugby

Ft. Worth Liberators RFC

Feedback welcomed.

Well, in my massive dice league I was telling you about, I DO have a bunch of Star Wars teams already among the (at current count) 600+ teams. In fact, ironically, the Wookiees just got relegated out of the major leagues and into the League of Exiles where they hope to make a return one day.

That is hilarious. Speaking of dice, I have played a few matches with this league using dice. I made up some rules as you know, then I found a game called Speed Rugby. Mine is close to that.

Guest darkpiranha

How about the Ft. Worth Shadows, since Ft Worth is basically the shadow of Dallas?

And you left out one great Texas town. Humble, Texas. the "H" is silent. We want our team to be called "Humblievable RFC." We don't mind being a second division team for now, but we plan on winning and getting promoted to the Big Leagues almost immediately.

Archived